Playing games

Faith's POV

Alex and I were supposed to be going on a date tonight but for some reason he won't pick up his phone. I've been trying to call him all evening but he still hasn't answered. eventually he picks up, Sounding really pissed off. "Finally! I've been calling you all evening"

"You had other plans remember!" He snaps "what are you talking about?" I snap back pissed he stood me up then snapped at me "you text me and said you made other plans"

"what the hell are you talking about? I never text you" I honestly say confused "don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. I text you this afternoon and ask if you wanted to do something Sunday and said i'd pick you up for our date at 7 and you replied saying you had plans for both!"

"no you didn't!" 

"whatever Faith" he sighs annoyed. I'm about to speak and he hangs up. I look through my messages confused then notice I actually did have a message from him and a sent message from me saying I had plans but I know for a fact I didn't get it or send a reply and keep looking at the message confused.

From: Alex
Hey babe sorry for being a jerk about the whole dinner thing. If you want we can do something to celebrate on Sunday just the 2 of us. I'll pick you up for our date tonight at 7 so I can really make it up to you ;) xxxxx

From Faith

made other plans for tonight and I'm busy sunday

I sit in my bed confused for a moment then realise Michael must have sent the message. He seemed really eager we do something on Sunday to celebrate my birthday just the two of us, which is exactly what Alex said in his message to me he must have sent him that message when I went to the bathroom.

To: Michael
So...Alex called me

I made a point of not going into detail but he knew exactly what I was talking about because a moment later he replies

From Michael:
I'll make it up to you Sunday ;) xxxxx

I smile to myself reading his text. He didn't say he sent the message but clearly he did.

To: Michael
So it was you....cute x

***
I get ready for bed and my mother walks in

"I thought you we're going out with Alex tonight?" 

  "change of plans" I shrug and she looks at me concerned for a moment "is everything ok? Is it something to do with Michael?" 

"No" I sigh, rolling my eyes "Alex is just being a dick. It has nothing to do with Michael or anybody"

" have you spoken to him today?"

"no. I havn't spoken to him for few days" I lie. I don't get why my mother can't just have a simple conversation without it being about the Jackson's  "and before you ask. no, I haven't found any gossip about him yet" she sighs disappointed "well anyway me and your father are gonna be out of town for a few days"

"but I thought we we're going out Saturday as a family?" I frown. She smiles pulling me in for a hug
"of course we're still going out I wouldn't miss your birthday we're leaving after dinner, you'll be ok for a few day right?"

"of course" I nod, faking a smile. I don't know why she bothered to ask because it's not like she'd stay if I said no anyway. "Keep me posted if you get anything on Michael ok? You have my email" she kisses me on the forehead then leaves.

My mothers really starting to piss me off about this whole inside scoop obsession she has on  Michael. I didn't tell her about me meeting up with him today or what he told me about his father. Even though I agreed to do this (after a lot of bugging from her) I'm not sure I want to do this anymore. The more I've got to know him the more I'm starting to like him and he's actually a pretty nice guy and he's been a really good friend to me. I'm not gonna tell my mother about Sunday, she's not gonna be around anyway for a few days so I can actually have fun and hang out with him without her constant nagging.

*****
Michael's POV

I got a text off Faith and She didn't seem mad about me sending the text to her boyfriend, but then again how could she? Moments before she  had been practically jerking me off under the table. I'm confused about why she even did that. She's never been flirty towards me before or even hinted she liked me in that way so I was pretty surprised and it was weird that she randomly did that but not weird  in a bad way. I didn't tell Quincy about it because I know how he feels about her. I'm still unsure whether or not her mothers put her up to something. Because it's strange that Julie would happily let Faith  hang out with me alone unless she had an ulterior motive. Or maybe Faith hasn't told her we hang out. So I'm still not sure if she genuinely likes me. I know I like her and I really and I hope Quincy's theories are wrong. I feel like we have bonded really well in such a short amount of time so the worst thing that could happen to me is for Faith to screw me over.