Gone

Jackie's POV

Michael and I get back in the car and continue driving to the old house and Michael is silent the whole time.

"We can't do this" Michael says as we park outside the house. "Mike, we agreed. It's for the bes..."

"I know what we agreed! But we can't seriously..."

"Trust me. I don't wanna do this anymore than you do" I cut him off. "But if we let her leave, who know's what she'll do and it's not like we can go to the police about it"

"I know but..."

"But what?" I cut him off again "I know your nervous and so I'm I, but it's not like we're doing this for kicks. We don't have a choice. We're doing it to protect our family. Your wife and daughter" I say and he doesn't reply and just sits staring at the house. "I thought you said you'd do anything to protect Faith and Precious?"

"I would, but..."

"But what? Julie's done so much damage already ready to our family, especially Faith. Are you really gonna just sit back and let her do any worse?"

"Of course not! But there's gonna be another way. We can't just..."

"Like what?" I cut him off and he doesn't say anything. "Exactly! This is the only way"

****
Michael's POV

We get into the house and Jackie starts searching around in the kitchen cupboards. "What are you looking for?" I frown confused. "We need something. How else are we gonna do it?" He says still looking through everything then stops. "Here" he says taking a hammer out of one of the cupboards and hands it to me.

"Are you serious!?" I widen my eyes at him. "You don't want her to suffer for too long do you?"

"Well no, but..."

"Then this is perfect. One hard hit to the back of the head and your done"

"I'm done!? Why's it gotta be me!? This was your plan not mine" I frown handing it back to him. "You have better aiming than me. Don't you remember when we used used to play baseball as kids? You were the best batter out of all of us put together"

"Hitting a baseball and bashing someone in the head with a hammer isn't exactly the same is it? There's a huge difference" I point out. "Well if I do it and miss then I'm gonna have to try again and then she'll have to suffer longer. Does that sound fair to you?" He shrugs handing the hammer back to me. "Non of this is fair" I shake my head.

"Lets just get this over with" he says walking over to the basement door. "You wanna do it now!?" I say nervously. "The sooner we get this over with the better" he says and goes to unlock the door, but I move my hand away stopping him. "I can't do this" I say nervously and he sighs heavily and puts his hands on my shoulders. "Nobody's ever gonna find out about this, I promise. The only people that will ever know is you and me"

"I know but.."

"If it you feel better how about I distract her then as soon as her back is turned you hit her as hard as you can and then go back to the car and wait for me and i'll finish up?" He says softly. I open my mouth to speak, but he cuts me off.

"Just take a deep breath and relax. You'll be ok" he says calmly then unlocks the door and turns to me. "Are you ready?" He asks and I take a deep breath and nod then follow him down the stairs.

We get downstairs and stop suddenly and look around the empty basement confused. "Where the fuck did she go?" Jackie frowns confused looking around.