Coincidence?

Faith's POV

I've been staying with Michael for the past two days while my moms been away working. I was originally supposed to be staying with my dad, but as always 'somthing came up' and he had to cancel our plans. I still haven't spoken to my mother since the whole interview thing. I did want to make up with her before she left, but when I came down for breakfast the next morning she'd already gone and just left a note that she'd be back in a few days. Even though I tried to hide it, Michael could see how upset I was about the whole thing and has been doing his best to try and take my mind off things. Even though me and my mom don't get on most of the time she's still my mom and I'm actually starting to miss her while she's been away.

We're on our way to the studio and I'm so excited Michael has been working on a song for charity and he's even convinced other singers to be on the track as well. "you ok? You've been really quiet today" Michael asks."mhm" I nod still staring out the window "what's wrong?" I purse my lips and look over at him "I still haven't spoken to my mom since that whole interview thing. She's still really pissed about it"

"and that's a bad thing? she deserved. She screwed you over first" He shrugs "I was thinking of calling her. it's been a few days now and I don't wanna go home and still have all this tension between us" He stops the car and leans over and kisses me softly then breaks away. "we're here" he smiles and I look at him confused and a little annoyed "you weren't even listening were you?"

"sure I was! I always listen to you baby"

"Then what did I say?" I fold my arms playfully raising an eyebrow and he leans over again and kisses me deeply, slowly sliding his hand between my legs resting it on my thigh. "your not going home tonight"

"and why's that?" He starts nuzzling on my neck and moves his hand up my skirt, rubbing his fingers across my panties. Then breaks away smirking. "we'll finish this later" He winks at me then gets out of the car and then walks around to my side to help me out

***********

Michael's POV

I don't know where it came from earlier in the car. I know she's only been staying with me for two days, but I thought Faith was happy staying with me. We were taking a break and Quincy pulls me to one side. "is everything ok?" He asks concerned

"mhm everything great" I fake a smile "Mike, I know you remember? I can tell when something's bothering you"

"when we were in the car Faith was talking about her mother" I sigh looking at the ground "what did she say?"

"she said that she was thinking of calling her and she doesn't want any bad tension between them when she goes home"

"and that's a bad thing?" He shrugs confused. "Its just that I thought she was happy with me"

"and She is, look, I know I've said some things about you and her in the past, but I've seen the way she looks at you and when you were singing your solo, she was looking at you with the proudest look and I can see a mile away how happy she is with you. I have a sixth sense about this kinda thing and trust me that girl over there" he points over to her and she's smiling talking to one of the sound people "she couldn't be more happier with you"

"then why does she wanna leave me?" I mumble looking at the ground and he sighs shaking his head. "she's not trying to leave you. She just wants to make amends with her mom that's all"

"but she's just gonna hurt her again just like...."

"Mike, Julie's not Joseph" he cuts me of, placing his hand on my shoulder. "I know what he did to you was awful and unforgivable, but you have to realise that Julie is not Joseph"