Happy birthday Pt.1

Faith's POV

I wake up and head downstairs and my mom rushes over to me smiling. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" She says wrapping her arms around me. "since when did you get so excited about birthday's?" I chuckle confused. "since you made the front cover on pretty much EVERY magazine!" She says excitedly showing me. "why would they put me..."

"why do you think!?" She cuts me off "your a 17 year old hottie AKA jailbait and your parents are famous. Of course the media was going to take and interest in you! Now as for tonight. We're gonna have to make sure you look your best for the camera's"

"what camera's? I thought we were going to dinner?" I frown confused "yes, but the media will still be there!" My phone beeps and I look down and smile reading the message

from: Michael  

Happy birthday x

"who's that?" My mom asks. "Alex wishing me happy birthday" I lie. "you havn't spoken to Michael have you?" She asks in a stern tone. "of course not" I lie faking a smile at her. "I have no reason to now you don't want me to get dirt on him"

*********

Michael's POV

from: Faith

thank you. Good luck at the Grammys x

"awww. Is that Brooke?" Karen my stylist coo's coming into the room. "No, I was texting happy birthday to a friend" I smile slightly "what's the matter with you? Your going to the awards tonight and the after party with Brooke Taylor! you should be looking excited!"

"I'm not actually gonna go to the party. I think I'm just gonna go home after the awards"

"what!? Michael. You've had a crush on Brooke for weeks. Why don't you wanna go?" She looks at me confused. "I did have a crush on her, but now I don't" I shrug "so why don't you take the girl you do like to the awards and not Brooke?"

"I would if I could" I mumble "why can't you?" She shrugs "it's complicated, but it's fine I'll just take Brooke like I said I would. It's only for a few hours anyway" I sigh. "so who was you texting?"

"nobody. Can we just drop it now?" I roll my eyes and she looks at me skeptically "Michael, who was you texting?"

"she's called Faith"

"Faith who?" She frowns confused. "Owens" I mumble and she shakes her head. "please tell me your joking"

"we met at while when I did an interview and she just happened to be backstage"

"she just randomly turned up at the same place you were?" she raises and eyebrow. "yup! And we got talking and we hang out sometimes"

"hang out!? Michael your shouldn't even be speaking to her, let alone hanging out with her! Does anybody else know about this!?" She snaps at and I sigh rolling my eyes "just you and Quincy and he's already give ln me the third degree about being friends with a reporters daughter so.."

"it's not just anybody's daughter though so it? It Julie Owens daughter" she cuts me off "I just wanna get to know her and we've really bonded I don't see the problem" I shrug. "you know what the problem is. I'm telling you this as a friend. You have to stop talking to her"

"I can't do that" I shake my head. "why not? All you have to do is.." She pauses and looks at me for a moment. "you have feeling for her don't you?"

"what!? Of course not. We're just friends"

"you can't have her. Do you realise that?" She says softly and I nod. "of course I know that. We're just friends"

**********