Family tree

Faith's POV

we're on the plane and my mom is going through the documentary we're going to be doing about families on welfare and about the three families we'll be meeting and telling us about their lives and struggles and how they got there and as she's telling about one of the families who's a single teenage mother, but gets alot of help from both hers and the fathers family even though the fathers not around that much. I start thinking about the conversation I had with Michael awhile ago about my family and me not knowing much about either of my parents family. "how come I've never met any of my other family?"

"I already told you why. My parents never approved of me being a teenage mother and we lost contact" she shrugs not looking up from her notes. "but what about my dads parents? Are his parents still alive? do I have any aunts and uncles? or what about cousins? Or..."

"I don't know" she snaps cutting me off. "I'm sorry. I was just wondering is all" I mumble "well DON'T your father doesn't give two fucks half the time. What makes you think his family would? Now drop it!" She says sternly and I do as I'm told and quickly go back to the topic about the documentary.

****

Once we get to the hotel, my mother and I go and get some dinner before going back to our rooms. "you'd think they would have gave us better rooms" my mother scoffs walking in. "mine's no better either" I shrug looking around her room. "so.. do you wanna watch a movie or something? We can get some room service and..."

"I'm tiered. I just wanna get some sleep before tomorrow" my mom cuts me off. "um... Ok... I guess I'll go back to my room then" I mumble disappointed leaving her room. I know me and my mom don't always get along, but I was really hoping to spend some time with her, just the two of us during the trip. But I guess not.

*

I get to my room and decide to call my dad. I haven't spoken to him for awhile and all this talk about families is making me miss him more than I normally do for some reason.

"hey Princess! How's it going?" I dad says picking up the phone and I smile hearing his voice. "hey dad. It's great me and mom just arrived at the hotel"

"i'm glad you got there safe. she being a complaining bitch yet?" He chuckles slightly. "always" I giggle slightly. "um. I was thinking maybe we could meet up, just the two of us when I get back from my trip. Maybe go for lunch or..."

"yeah that's sounds great! How about Saturday?"

"Saturday sounds great!" I smile "ok, I'll see then. I have to go now but I'll see you Soon. Miss you princess"

"I miss you too" I smile down the phone ending the call.

After calling my dad I'm about to call Michael like I promised I would and as i'm about to call my phone rings and I smile seeing it's Michael. "hey! I was just about to call you" I smile down the phone. "great minds think alike" he chuckles "so how's things going so far?"

"well we don't start filming untill tomorrow, but my moms already in one of her moods" I rolls my eyes. "about what?"

"I don't know. I asked her about hers and my dads family and she just snapped it me and said hers and my dads family didn't approved of them being teen parent's and they lost contact. I guess it's still a pretty sore subject for her" I sigh "on a brighter note. I get to see my dad this Saturday and it's gonna be just the two of us!" I smile excitedly "that's great!"

"I know. I can't wait! It feels like forever since it was just me and him" I sigh contently. "so what about you? How's your day been?" I ask and I lay in the bed as he tells me about the charity song he's working on and about all the singers that are gonna be on the track. As happy as I am for him getting to do something he's passionate about. I have to admit, I'm actually pretty jealous of Michael because he gets to do what he loves for a living and help so many people along the way.