Being Backstage

Miranda's pov

Me and my best friend Rachel got a job as roadies for different country music bands. This week it's Jason Aldean's band. "This is the best gig we've gotten yet." Rachel says. "Oh what about working behind the scenes for the CMT music awards?" I ask. "That was cool too but Jason is our idol. Our favorite singer of all." She's right. "Yeah, I'd take hanging out with him then the awards." I say, smiling. "Thanks for having us out here! It was a great show!" I hear him shout. I hear the cheering of fans. "And give it up for the most kick ass band on the planet. Tully," screams from fans. "Rich!" More yells. "Kurt!" I have to cover my ears. Kurt must be a fan favorite. Who knows. Tully takes the mic. "And the one and only Jason Aldean!" He shouts. I can't even hear myself think.

Jason's pov

That was a great show with a great band and a huge fan turnout. I'm really lucky. I walk backstage, seeing the two roadies that Mike hired. I hand my guitar to one of them. "So you two are the roadies?" They nod. "How long are you guys staying on the tour?" One girl is putting the guitar up while I'm talking to the other. "Just for the week." Tully walks over. "Great show huh?" "Totally man, I don't think I've ever seen a better one and I've been doing this for like 8 years now." The roadies walk over to the bus but my eyes follow the brunette. I never did get her name. I gotta go talk to her again.

Miranda's pov

"I wonder what next week's job is gonna be." Rachel says. "I'd love to just stay on Jason's tours. Man that guy, he makes the best music." I reply. "Cootos to that one sister." She says and we clink beers together.

Jason's pov

I start to walk over when I catch a snippet of conversation. "I wish this week could last forever!" The one I have my eye on says. "So your thoughts?" The other says. They both laugh. "You know my thoughts on this one." "Yeah I know. Tell me anyway." I step out of my hiding place.

Miranda's pov

I drop my beer bottle when he walks over. I hope he didn't hear what we were saying. I keep my stare on the ground as Rachel sneaks off. Oh I'll get her for leaving me alone later. "I never did get your name." He says, pulling a couple cold ones out of the cooler. "I'm Miranda and the other girl is my best friend Rachel." He sits on the cooler. "I know I don't need to introduce myself." He says, smiling. I laugh and nod. "Everyone knows you." I say, as he hands me a beer. I open it and we just go on talking and drinking for almost 3 hours about nothing in particular. "We gotta get rollin'." Mike calls. "On my way." Jason says, standing up. I start to walk back to the parking lot when he stops me. "I uh have a couple extra bunks if you and your friend wanna hitch a ride with me on the bus." Wow he's asking me to come with him! "S-Sure, I'll go tell Rachel." I force myself to say. He smiles and waves then tosses his can in the trash. "See ya in a few." He says. "Yeah, you too." I mumble. He heads in the direction of the buses and I run to find Rachel.