A glimpse into the future

Jason's pov

I show Jenny all the parts of my pistol and how to use the safety. Pretty much all the basics. I glance back and give Miranda a reassuring smile. "We're fine hun." I call. "Yeah you're doing great." She calls back. "When are you gonna tell mom?" Jenny asks, confusing me. "Tell mom what?" "You know! Our talk?" My eyes go wide. "Uh later. Focus on this right now." I help her aim. "Your finger is on the trigger right?" "Yeah." "Ok fire." She does and hits the target. "Did I get it?!" She gasps. I smile. "Go see for yourself." She runs over and jumps in the air excited. "See she nailed it baby." I say. "Yeah I don't even know why I was worried." She says, walking over to me. I hear a gunshot followed by a scream that makes me jump in my skin. I spin around in time to see Jenny hit her knees, her green shirt stained crimson. My chest tightens in horror. I rush over to her terrified. "Sweetheart! Oh my God!" I cry, hitting my knees beside her. Miranda calls for Sierra and she rushes over and yells for someone to call the ambulance. She hits her knees and cuts her shirt off assessing the wound as I cradle her in my lap. She got shot in the chest. I'm so terrified.

*5 hours later*

I pace the hospital waiting room while Jenny is back with Sierra in surgery. At least it's someone I trust. Miranda and Rachel are crying in chairs. I'm so freaking scared. This is all my fault. I never should've suggested the firearms lesson. "Jason please sit down." She says. I sigh and walk over, holding her to my chest as she cries. My chest tightens when Sierra walks out with tears in her eyes and blood on her hands. Tully gets to her first. "What happened, baby?" He asks. Her stare lands on me though. I stumble over to her. "I'm so sorry Jason." She whimpers. "Oh man! Sierra is Jenny okay?" She bursts into tears. "I'm so sorry!" She cries again. "She died on the operating table." I fall back, hitting the wall. My eyes shut tight. "No!!" I yell. "Jason! Jason! Snap out of it!" Kurt gapes. Seriously!? My daughter is dead!? And he's telling me to snap out of it!? I open my eyes about to punch him when I see we're back in Rachel and Kurt's farmhouse!? What the hell?! "How!?" I choke out. "Jason what's wrong?" Miranda says worried. What's going on? "We were about to go give the kids the gun lesson. You comin'?" Tully says. My eyes fill with fear. "No! Don't you dare!" I yell, drawing my gun and pointing at him. "Whoa!? Jason what's going on!?" Rachel shouts shoving the gun down. "S-Sorry guys. I just..... We can't do the gun lesson. Come on Jenny. We're going home." "Whoa! Wait stop!" Miranda cries. "Tell me what the hell is going on!" "It's too dangerous. We can't do the gun lesson." I say, fearfully holding Jenny's hand. They're all confused. "Uh Jason you were the one who suggested it?" Kurt gapes. "Well, now I'm unsuggesting it." I say, "Let's go." "No dad! I wanna do this." "You can't!" I cry terrified. "You guys go. I think me and Jason need to talk." Everyone heads for the door. "No! Jenny can't go." "Jason stop it. She wants to shoot a gun." Tully says. "Dammit. Listen to me. If she goes out there she'll die!" I yelp. Jenny waits by the door. "Ok tell me what's going on?" Miranda says, holding my hands. "She's going to die if she goes out there baby please don't let her do this." "Why do you think-" "just trust me on this please!" I cry, pleadingly. "You're acting irrational!" "I wish you could've seen what I saw. Then you wouldn't think I was irrational." "Jenny let's go on home. You've got school tomorrow anyway." She looks pissed but at least she's okay. We walk outside. They all decided not to do it. The little ones are swimming in the pool with Kurt and Rachel watching them. Sierra and Tully are hanging out. We say our goodbyes and I drive us home. "Can you talk to me?" She asks. "Thanks for trusting me baby. That's the only reason Jenny's not dead." "What are you talking about?" "I can't explain it." I say, pulling in the drive. They're so confused. But how do I explain what happened when I don't even know what happened?!