Forgiveness

Jason's pov

I wake up the next day to Miranda pacing and talking on the phone, crying hysterically. Who's she talking to. "Please talk to me!" Probably Rachel. I take the phone. "Baby, this isn't gonna get you anywhere." "She doesn't want to have anything to do with me." She whispers, staring at the ground. I pull her chin up to where she's looking at me. "It wasn't your fault, stop thinking it's your fault." I hate to see her cry. I wipe away her tears and kiss her. "Stop thinking about it."

*later*

She laces her fingers with mine, laying on my arm. "Where would I be without you?" She whispers. I smile and kiss her again. "Probably you'd be with Brantley." She sits up quickly. "What are you talking about?" She gasps, looking at me. "Well, remember honey? He asked you out, but we were dating. If we weren't what would you have said to him?" "Yeah, you're right. I would've probably said yes." She says with a laugh. I'm glad she's not upset anymore. "Ooh that's just weird to think about." She says and shudders. I laugh. "What was that?" I gasp. We both laugh. "It's weird to think about being with anyone but you." She says. Not entirely true. "Well you were with that Tim guy for however long you were." "Wait hold on Jay. We weren't... We didn't do.... We were not together like that! Just friends. I was staying at his house!" "Really? I thought-" She kisses me instantly shutting me up. "I wasn't with him like that. You're the only one I wanna be with like that." It makes me feel a whole hell of a lot better knowing she was never actually with that guy. "You don't know how happy that makes me." I say, holding her tightly and kissing her. "And believe me, I never had another girl in this house after you left." She smirks. "Oh really, Mr. Jason Aldean didn't have sex for four years?" She asks teasingly. "Yeah it was torture." "Ha, I don't believe you." "It's true!" "Jay, calm down. I'm just teasin' you." "I can never tell with you." A knock at the door pulls us apart. "Who could that be?" She mumbles, pulling on sweats.

Miranda's pov

I just realized I'm wearing one of Jason's button downs. I quickly button it as I go downstairs. I answer the door and am surprised to see Sierra. "Hey." I mumble, looking at the ground, tears threatening my eyes again. "Rachel didn't mean what she said. She was doped up on meds. Please believe me. She doesn't really wish that stuff." "It's kinda hard when your best friend says she hopes I die." "She didn't mean that." Just then Jason walks over and closes the door. "You don't need to deal with them right now. They'll just make you cry again." "She said Rachel didn't mean what she said but I don't believe her." "Don't even listen to them." He says, moving hair from my face and kissing me. His hands land on his shirt that I'm wearing. I smile and bite my lip, closing my eyes as he unbuttons it.

Sierra's pov

She doesn't believe me. At least Jason's there. He won't let her kill herself. Something hits the door making me jump back. "What the heck was that?!" I shout.

Jason's pov

She's still out there? "Nothing just go home!" I shout. "Not until I know my friend is safe with you!" She infuriates me. "Of course she's safe with me!" I yell, furious. Miranda opens the door. "I'm fine Sierra just go back with Rachel. She needs you more than I do." Sierra looks really worried. Is it because I slapped her? "Please promise me you won't kill yourself." She whimpers, holding her hands. "Of course not. Jason wouldn't let me anyway!" She says smiling back at me. "Damn right about that one, sweetheart." I say also smiling. "Ok, I was just worried after what Rachel said." She says. I smile. "Don't worry. She's in safe hands. And I'm sorry I slapped you. I shouldn't have done that." Sierra smiles. "Thanks Jason. It means a lot to hear you say that." She leaves and Miranda closes the door. She turns around and smiles. "I'm back baby!" She shouts excited. I laugh and grab her wrists pulling her close to me and kissing her. "We both are, little girl."