A second chance

Jason's pov

The next morning, I wake up early and fix breakfast. While I am, I call Tully. "Hey how's it going?" "Well, I'd say we're getting there." "What happened?" "Well, we slept together last night." "Whoa really that fast?!" "Whoa, no not like that. Like she didn't wanna be alone so I laid down with her. But that's all we didn't..." "I get it man." "Do you think it'll ever be back to normal?" I lean against the counter. "I don't know man, I hope so. Rachel told me something yesterday that I didn't expect." "What'd she tell you?" I'm about to reply when I hear moving around upstairs. "I'll call ya back. I think she's awake." "Wait, what'd she-" but I hang up before he finishes. I go back upstairs and she's in the shower. I wish I knew what was gonna happen without having to ask her. I sit on the bed thinking. My phone buzzes. It's Tully. "What'd she say?" I don't answer and lay back down, closing my eyes. My phone buzzes again. Ugh. I'm not telling him right now. I grab my phone but it isn't him! It's her! "Could u come in here for a minute?" I'm super confused. She's worrying me. "You okay in there?" I ask, knocking on the door. "Just come in here please." "Ok. Are you uh... Dressed?" "Oh my God Jason seriously! You've seen me naked before! But yes I am dressed." I open the door. She's crying on the floor again. Uh oh. Did she really love him? "I shouldn't even be here." "Why do you say that?" "You're probably so confused!" "No I'm not. Why do you think that?" "Because of last night and right now. I'm giving you mixed signals." "I'm a little confused about what you're talking about." I say, helping her out of the bathroom. "Just because this is all happening, with Tim dying, doesn't mean we're getting back together." "I totally didn't think that." I lie. "I'm just trying to help out a friend." "I know you still wanna be with me." I scratch my head, nervously. "Well, yeah I do." I admit, "But you don't feel the same way anymore and I'm not going to force you. Like I said, I'm a changed man. No more anger issues or none of that." "Actually I do." My mind flashes back to what Rachel said. But I play dumb. "You do what?" "I do still love you. I just don't know if I can trust you." "You can! Just ask the guys! Please give me another chance. You won't regret it. I promise!" She hugs me. "I'm sorry for putting you through all that. And shoving you is the worst thing I've ever done. All I care about now is keeping you and Jenny safe and happy." I wrap my arms around her. "Either way I'll be here to talk to." "Wanna go out tonight? I'm sure Rachel or Sierra won't mind babysitting." I look at her surprised. "Wait, are you asking me out?" "I think so. Yeah." She says, smiling. "You ain't messin' with me?" She laughs. "I don't know how anymore." She says, standing up. I smile and stand up too. "Then let's do a date night." I've never felt more glad.