The best of a family

Miranda's pov

We finally get off the tour and are waiting for Sierra to tell us if we're having a boy or a girl. I'm so excited and I can tell Jason is too. The door opens with my two best friends walking in. Sierra goes to work doing what she has to do then she leaves. "I wonder what we're having." I say. He squeezes my hand, an excited smile on his face. She comes back in with a big smile. "Congratulations Aldeans, you're having a baby boy." "Yes!" Jason cries, hugging me. I laugh. "You're super excited!" I gasp. He nods. "I can't wait baby." He says, kissing me hard, a hand behind my head. Rachel giggles and they both leave. He rests a hand on my stomach. "I'm so glad to have you in my life." He whispers, kissing me again.

*later that night*

I wake up, feeling the baby kick. Jason's arm is wrapped around me as he sleeps. I smile and turn over, kissing his forehead. He doesn't wake up but he smiles. I scoot closer, cuddling into his chest. His hands wrap tighter around me. "Don't worry sweetheart, she'll never hurt you." He mumbles in his sleep. I stifle a laugh and fall back to sleep in the comfort of my Hubby's arms.

*one week later*

We're all going to the county fair. Jason pays for the tickets. We go inside and Jenny asks for Jason to go on a rollercoaster with her. He shrugs and looks nervously at the big ride. "You aren't scared, are you?" Tully teases. "What?! No! I just don't know if I feel like waiting in the long line." I can tell he's lying. "I don't mind waiting." Kurt says. Jason breathes a relieved sigh as Kurt takes Jenny on the ride. Rachel resituates Tommy and watches them with a smile.

Rachel's pov

If Ali survived and was old enough, would it be our daughter begging to go on a rollercoaster with him? I fight back the tears and go to change Tommy.

Jason's pov

I glance at the one of the booths. There's a teddy bear as one of the prizes. I want to win it for her. I tap her shoulder. "Hey baby, come here." I say. We go to the booth. It's one of those topple the cans things. I smile. Baseball is my specialty. I got this. I give him a dollar and he gives me three baseballs. She grabs my arm in excited anticipation. I smile and throw the first ball. But the cans stay up! "What the!?" "It's okay, you've got two more tries." She says. I throw the other two but still miss! My jaw drops. Ok, this means business. I'm gonna win. I turn my ball cap around and give him another dollar.

*later*

I spent 45 dollars at that game. I threw out my shoulder but I won her that teddy bear. "I knew you could do it." She says, kissing my cheek and cradling the bear like a baby. I smile and hold her hand. We get home and I'm beat so I grab a bag of ice for my shoulder and a beer then collapse to the couch. She walks by the couch and kisses my forehead. I smile up at her and hold her in place. "Had fun today?" I ask. She smiles and we kiss again. "I had a great time. I love you Jay." "Love you too baby."

*a couple months later*

We welcome to the world little Alexander Thomas Aldean. My son. I pick him up. She hands him the teddy bear I won at the fair for her. I kiss his head and her lips and walk out with the baby in my arms to the waiting room.

Rachel's pov

I pull Tommy's pants back on because they are falling down. The door opens and Kurt jumps up. "Oh wow!" He says. I stand up quickly. My eyes tear up. "He's beautiful Jason." I say, walking over. He smiles proudly at his son. "He looks just like his mother." He says. He's fast asleep. "Can I hold him?" I ask. "Of course." He says , handing him to me. He's right. He looks just like her, except for Jason's green eyes. He woke up when I took him. "Baby." Tommy whispers. I smile and nod. "Yeah, this is Alex. Your baby cousin. You two are gonna have a lot of fun together." I say, sitting down. "My baby?" He asks. I laugh. Alex reaches a tiny hand out and Tommy holds it. Just about the cutest moment ever.

Jason's pov

I walk back into Miranda's hospital room. She looks over, exhausted. "Need me to get ya anything?" She smiles. "A damn beer." She says, making me laugh. "I'm pretty good at drinkin' beer." I reply, sitting beside her. "It's been nine long months. I'm not kidding. Go get me a damn beer!" I laugh. "Okay babe, I'll go get ya one." I say, kissing her. A few minutes later, I return with one and she's fast asleep. I glance at the beer in my hand. "Hm now what do I do with this?" I mumble. I smirk. "Let's not let a cold beer go to waste." I shrug and open it. Her eyes flash open. "Aw there ya are." I say, helping her sit up. She smiles and takes it from me, drinking it all in a matter of seconds. I stare at her shocked. She crushes it with her fist and tosses it in the trash. "You my girl are a piece of work." "Thank you, I think?" I laugh and nod, kissing her again. Sierra walks in carrying Alex. "Someone's hungry." She says. "And someone's been drinking." Miranda mutters, "Just give him a bottle." She nods and does just that. Miranda drifts off to sleep again. I kiss her forehead. "Get some rest baby, you're gonna need it for later." I walk back out to the waiting room and all my friends while my wife sleeps.