Getting closer

Miranda's pov

I lay on the couch thinking. I decide to text Jason.

M: how's Jenny?

J: fine, we're watching baseball

M: you are addicted to baseball.

J: no I'm addicted to you.

Ugh, why does he keep doing that. He needs to just move on. Hm, I just realized. Tim hasn't come home. Where could he be? I call him but get no answer. I go down to the resturaunt. "Tim?" I call, opening the door. I pocket my keys and turn on the light. I scream when I see Tim hung like a gallows prisoner! He's dead!

Jason's pov

*a few days later*

She hasn't answered her phone in days. I drive up there with Jenny. A note on the front door. Tim, if u get home before I do, I'm at the resturaunt. Miranda. "Resturaunt?" "Tim owns a resturaunt in town." Jenny says, holding my hand. We go to town and she shows me where it is. I tell Jenny to stay in the truck since the door is partially open. I've got a bad feeling in my gut. I load my pistol and walk over, calling her name. I push the door open and see a horrid sight. Tim hung and her crying on the floor. I have no idea what to do! "Miranda?" She doesn't move. She can't stay here. "He's dead." She whispers, her face red from crying. "Jason, someone killed him." I can see that. I sit beside her and hug her. She grips my shirt and cries hard. "It's okay. I've got you." I pick her up and we go back to Nashville. Rachel and Sierra come over to comfort her since their her best friends. "What's going to happen between us?" I mumble to myself. Sadly I didn't know Rachel was behind me. "Don't think just because she's all torn up like this, you can take advantage of her." "I never planned on taking advantage of her. I would never do that. Stop thinking I'm some horrible person!" "I don't think that." I turn around surprised. "I know it." Oh. "I'm not. I've changed. All I care is about is the girl I love being happy. Even if she doesn't love me back." "She does love you back. She's just good at hiding it." She does?! She sure doesn't act like she does. Jenny stumbles in and sits at the table. "Sweetheart you okay?" She cries into her hands. I hug her then see how things are going. She's more coherent at least. "Hey sweetheart how are you doing?" "As good as I can be after walking on the murder of my dead boyfriend." Rachel and Sierra leave. "I-I just need to sleep." She whimpers. I help her up. "You take my bed. I'll take the couch." "Thanks." "I'd do anything for you."

*later*

I'm awoken to a loud terrified scream that makes me fall off the couch! I run upstairs where Miranda's having a nightmare. I wake her up then head to the door to go back downstairs but she calls my name. "Could you... Stay up here... I don't want to be alone." "Of course." I put some blankets on the floor since I doubt she wants me up there with her. But she pats the bed. "But I thought-" "Jason please, I just need someone to hold me." "I'd love to." I say, laying beside her in the bed. She lays her head on my chest and I nervously wrap an arm around her. I'm so freaked out. I never thought I'd get to be this close to her again. "I'm sorry sweet girl for all I did to you." I whisper, kissing her head. I know she's asleep but it makes me feel better. "Goodnight Jason." Whoa! She's awake. So she just heard what I said! "G-Goodnight." I mumble. Then she falls asleep.