Several shocking surprises

Jason's pov

I just got out of the studio and am walking to the resturaunt I'm gonna meet my family at. It's only a few blocks and I need the exercise so I'll come back and get my truck later. My head's been swirling with all kinds of worries. I know I shouldn't be but I can't stop thinking about it. I know she's forgiven me but I'm afraid she's just playing along because she doesn't want to hurt me. I just need to stop thinking about it. That can't be. I know she loves me. Just like I love her. I'm just being paranoid. Oh man, a few steps ahead of me, staring right at me is Gina. I can't talk to her. She's nothing but a trouble maker. As soon as I pass her, she falls into step beside me. I try not to get pissed off. I don't wanna be in a bad mood when I get to the resturaunt. "So where ya headed?" "Leave me alone Gina." "What are you mad about?" "Nothin', but talkin' to you is gonna make me mad so leave me alone. I can't stand you." "That's really hurtful Jason." "Well, when you get a man when he's drunk just to get rid of his girl that really pisses someone off." "I really thought we had something." "You thought wrong. I have a wife which of whom I love very much. I have a daughter with said wife so leave me be. Nothing will happen between us. Not anything!" "You didn't feel that way the night of the party." I just ignore that comment and keep walking. I now regret not taking my truck. I glare at my feet and keep walking while she keeps talking. Suddenly she grabs my arm. "Jason! Stop!" She yells, a fearful tone in her voice. What the? "What is it?" I gripe, pulling my arm free and looking up. My breath catches in my throat when I see a man holding up a gun to my wife!! "What the fuck!?" I scream, running over. "No! Jason stay back!" She cries. "What? What's going on?" Rage floods through me when the guy pushes the gun into her stomach. "He's the one who killed Tim. He's trying to get to you! Run! Jason! Please!" She shouts tears in her eyes. If she thinks I'm running, she's got another thing coming. "Baby, you know I'm not gonna just leave you!" I shout. He turns the gun on me! At least it's not on her. "What do you want?!" I scream. "Revenge you son of a bitch!" He yells. "I don't know who you are!" I shout back. "Of course you don't. I wrote a letter. My daughter was dying and her last wish was to meet you. But we didn't get even a second glance." "Dude, I never got a letter! I get that stuff sent to me all the time. Most of it never makes it to me! I would have come to see your daughter. I swear. I love visiting my fans!" "It's too late. She's dead!" He screams pulling the trigger. I'm too shocked to do anything. I was expecting pain but it never came. When I open my eyes, Gina is laying in a heap on the ground! Oh my gosh! She sacrificed herself for me! The guy runs off. I turn Gina over. She grips her stomach. Miranda runs over. "I've already called an ambulance." She says. I can't believe Gina did that for me. She really is in love with me. I finally meet my girl's eyes. "You okay?" She asks. "Y-Yeah just shocked she did that for me." I mumble. I hug her tightly. "God, I thought I lost ya there for a minute. Don't ever think I'm gonna run away like that. Where's Jenny?" "At Sierra's I was on my way to pick her up when he jumped me." The ambulance gets here and loads her up. "Please don't leave me." She whimpers. There's no way I can go with her. I don't want Miranda to think things. "We'll meet you at the hospital." I respond tonelessly. A feeling of dread as heavy as a rock settles in my gut.

*30 minutes later*

The doctors tell us she's stable. "I can't believe she sacrificed herslef like that for me." I gasp, staring at the floor. "She's earned my respect." Miranda says, surprising me. "I just have one question. Why were you two even walking together in the first place?" Uh oh. She's suspicious again. "I was walking to meet you and she was on the treats to because I passed by and she fell into step with me. I told her to go away and leave me alone but she just kept talking and bothering me." "Ok." She stares at the doors. I can't read her emotions. "You know I don't like her, right?" She locks eyes with me. "Jason, of course. I told you, stop worrying. I know it was a freak mistake that'll never happen again. I know you don't like Gina." I breathe a relieved sigh. "Good." "Is that what you thought?" "I was worried you don't trust me." She holds my hand. "I trust you, Jason, 100%." She says. I smile. "I love you sweetheart." "I love you too, Jay." I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her passionately. The doctor walks back out. "She's waking up." He says. I nod and we go back there. "Gina." I say, opening the door. She sits up then sucks Ina breath in pain. "It's okay, don't move around too much." "I have to tell you something." She says, wincing. "What is it?" "Well actually both of you. I'm so sorry Jason. I've been horrible to you. Selfish and mean. I almost ruined your marriage to the girl you love. I'm so sorry. I feel awful. I hope you can forgive me. I just... I've never been so disgusted with myself." I'm shocked to hear her say this. "Wow Gina, I never expected this." "This brush with death opened my eyes Jason. I need to stop hurting the man I love. I'm so sorry." She starts crying. "It's okay Gina. I forgive you. I came to thank you for saving me. Stepping into that bullet. You almost died!" "I never thought I'd say this but I hope you guys are back on track and live a long and happy life together." She's a completely different person. I look back at Miranda. Her jaw is dropped, her eyes wide. "Can you ever forgive me?" She whimpers, now looking at her. She sits on the edge of her bed. "I already have." She says, smiling. "I mean who wouldn't wanna go after that sexy piece of eye candy." She jokes. My cheeks get red, my eyes wide and both girls laugh. They hug. It's weird seeing them buddy buddy. I go out into the hall to take a breather. This is so much to process all at once. A few seconds later, Miranda rests a hand on my shoulder. "You okay?" She asks. "I so didn't see any of today's events with Gina coming." I respond, still freaked out. "I am so glad she's not going to mess with you anymore." She says. I smile. "Me too, baby girl." I reply, kissing her softly and gently but so full of love I've never felt happier. I so wish we were back home because I'm seconds away from ripping her shirt off in this hallway. Instead we're making out. She glances in a room. "It's empty." She says. My eyes go wide. "I love how our minds work in sync." I reply opening the door.