I'm waking up

*several weeks later*

Miranda's pov

I wake up, my chest heaving and trying to take a deep breath. I look around the empty room. Trash litters the floor. The machines look old and worn. A long dead vase of flowers sits on the table. The clock doesn't work. I walk out of the room. The hospital is completely abandoned! I take a shaky step outside and see a ton of body bags on the ground. "What the hell is going on!?" I cry. I look off in the distance, seeing a crowd of people. I run over but it isn't people! It's zombies! "Nooo!" I wail

Jason's pov

I'm awoken by a terrified scream. I sit up and her eyes are open. Tears of relief course down my cheeks. "Baby! You're finally awake!" I cry, hugging her. "Zombies. There were zombies." She whispers. ?? Probably just a dream. I move her hair out of her face. "Baby you were dreaming. You've been in a coma for almost a month now." "A coma?" I nod. "But you're okay now. You're awake. Do you want to meet little Alex?" "Alex?" "Yes. Our son. Alex." She shakily nods. I call Sierra on my phone since I don't want to leave her. I caress her hand with my thumb. "Sierra. She's awake." That's all I have to say. I hang up the phone and wrap my arms around her. "I'm so glad you're okay." I say, close to tears. Sierra walks in a few minutes later, holding Alex and Jenny in tow. Jenny runs to the bed. "Mama!" She cries, hugging her. "Where am I Jay? What happened?" She asks, looking up at me. "Ya had a heart attack. It was real touch and go for a while." "I'm okay now right?" I smile and kiss her forehead. "Yeah baby, you're okay now." She smiles and squeezes my hand. "Speaking of babies, where's my little man?" Sierra hands Alex to her. "Oh Jason he's beautiful. And he's got your eyes." I sit beside her. "Yeah he looks just like his mama." I say, pulling Jenny onto my lap.

*a few hours later*

She rests against my chest, gripping my shirt in her hands, my arms wrapped tight around her. "What's on your mind Jay?" I smile and kiss her head. "You don't want me to say what's on my mind. I think it'll take you to a place you're afraid to go." "Oh I can take it." She says, sitting up and kissing me, her hands on my chest. "Ok girl, ya gotta know. You're mine. I'm yours. That's the way I see us. Forever, for sure. There's no other way. I've been keeping it in for so long. I can't hold it back and I can't hold it in so baby hold on." We lay down together, her staring deep into my eyes, me doing the same. "My feelings for you gives me the power to make you promises that any other man could never keep." I kiss her. "I'd never want another man. I'd die before I lost you." She whispers, returning the kiss passionately. "Don't ever leave me baby." I say, holding her tight. "I never will." She whispers against my lips. "Thank God you're okay baby." "I'd never leave you. You know that." She says, teasingly. Not willingly at least. I sit up suddenly. "Baby, while you were unconscious, did you feel the pain? Did it hurt?" Tears fall from her eyes. It did. It did hurt her. This whole time, my girl's been in pain and I couldn't do anything to help her. "It only hurt to know you were upset." She says, surprising me. "So your chest doesn't and didn't hurt?" "A little but not unbearably. Not the pain I felt at the thought of dying and leaving you and the kids. I can't lose you guys." "And I can't lose you baby. I will never love another."