A drastic change

Sierra's pov

I hug my best friend tightly as she cries. "He shoved me! He's never laid a hand on me before today!" "You need to get outta there before something worse happens." I tell her. "I can't!" "Yes you can, march right up in there and say it's over!" "I can't!" "Why not?" Rachel gapes. "Because I love him." How could she still love him after what he did!?

Jason's pov

What do I do?! How can I get her back?! Why did I push her!? "Man, I'm the biggest idiot who ever walked." I yell to no one. I can't believe Sierra had a gun in my back. I was pacing back and forth on our front porch. She pulled up slinging gravel in her old ford. When she opened the door, she looked about to break down. I don't know what to tell her. "Let me start by saying, you still look beautiful even after crying." "Save it Jason, I'm not coming back." "What do you mean?!" She turns around, facing me. "I'm not coming back ever." "Y-You're leaving me?" She nods and packs all her clothes. No! She can't leave me!! I need her! The only thing she left was her wedding ring and one last kiss on my cheek. "Baby girl, I know you're mad but don't make such a drastic decision!" I cry, grabbing her hand. "It's too late. I've already signed the papers." "What's gonna happen to Jenny?" "Just like me. She'll visit you every other weekend. Don't make me make them supervised visits. If you lay a hand on my daughter, I'll tell Sierra to shoot first ask questions never, got it?" "I won't hurt her and I won't hurt you. Please don't leave me." "I am." There's nothing I can do or say. "Goodbye Jason." I wave. She walks out and I cry on the couch.

*a few weeks later*

Miranda's pov

Me and Jenny have been staying with Tim at his resturaunt. "It'll get better." He says, hugging me. "It's time for me to move on. I'm not going back to Jason." He smiles. "I think I know what you're hinting at." He says. I smile and nod.

Jason's pov

She's serious. She really left me. A knock at my door. I almost don't get up but then it's her because she calls and I of course know her voice. I jump up quickly and open the door. "Oh thank God you came back!" I gasp, hugging her. She pulls free though. "No, it's your weekend." "So, it's true! You're not-" "I'm not so get it out of your head." She yells, dropping Jenny off and getting in Tim's truck.

Miranda's pov

"We've got reservations." Tim says, holding my hand. I smile as we drive there.

Jenny's pov

I wish I didn't have to go over here. Dad's gotten stone cold drunk. If mom knew, she'd come get me. I just have to get his phone. He's passed out on the couch so I sneak over to get it. He grabs my arm and I scream in surprise. "What are you doing?" "I was uh checking the time. The clock on the kitchen is behind." I lie. "Whatever." He mutters, turning over, the phone falling to the ground. I snatch it and call mom after hiding in the bathroom. A few minutes later, mom picks me up, dad's still unconscious on the couch. She says I'm gonna stay with grandma for a while. So I do that.

Miranda's pov

I'm cutting all ties I had with Jason. Sadly that means I can't see Rachel and Sierra anymore. I don't know what's worse, not seeing my two best friends or knowing I'll never see them again. I can't say goodbye so I write the lyrics to see you when I see you as a goodbye. I hope I'll see them again. Then I slip away into the night.

Jason's pov

*3 years later*

It's all my fault Miranda went missing. She's probably dead by now. I grab another six pack at the store. I haven't seen my daughter in 3 years either. She disappeared around the same time. I hear familiar laughter on the next aisle over. Could it be? My long lost lover?! I run to the next aisle and scream. It is her! She sees me and takes off running. I chase after her. No way am I letting her get away again.

Miranda's pov

I knew I never should've come back but I had to see how Rachel and Sierra are doing. Sierra has a two year old name Sam and Rachel is pregnant with twins. Then I had to run into Jason. Where'd he go? I run out the door and someone grabs my arm, pulling me. I scream but he covers my mouth and I know that it's Jason. "You're back." He gasps. "Let go of me!" I whimper.

Jason's pov

It really is her just how I remembered. I brush her cheek with my hand. She pulls away. "Baby girl, after you left, I took classes. I don't have anger issues anymore. I got help so just in case I found you, you could come back without being afraid of me." "N-No. I won't. I can't. Leave me be." "I can't baby girl. I love you too much." I say, kissing her.