A wedding to remember

Miranda's pov

I smooth her dress a little then hold her hands. "Rachel, don't worry. This is gonna start the first day of the best years of your life with the man you love." She hugs me. "Thanks." "For what?" "Being by my side and my best friend for all these years. Convincing me to get that job that brought me to my one true love. I will never be able to repay you." I pat her shoulder. "And you'll never have to. Best friends forever means forever remember. Hey stop crying you'll mess up your make up." I gasp, laughing. Jason opens the door. "You ready ladies?" He asks. I smile. "Yep." We all go out. "Kurt's ready and waitin' darlin'." He says, patting her back. I'm about to follow her but he stops me. "Hey babe, can I talk to you?" "Sure Jay, what's up?" "I've uh... Got a big opportunity coming up." "What's that?" "Well, I met a real great person and I've been meaning to ask her an important question." "Who is she? Why have you been talking to her? And should I be worried?" He laughs hysterically and shakes his head. "Who is she?" I ask again, my hands on my hips. "Oh darlin' you are downright the funniest little girl to fall into my lap." "What are you talking about?" He smiles. "I'm talking about you sweetheart!" My cheeks get red. "Sorry, I've been really distracted all day." I mumble embarrassed. He holds my hands and kisses me. "I love you baby girl." "I love you too." Someone calls his name. He takes his hand back, leaving something in my hand and turning around. Something is on his back. I'm confused. "Hey Jason, there's something on your back." I say, pointing. "I know." Then I look at my hand. A ring. I stare at him shocked. It's a piece of paper that says will you marry me? Oh wow! "That must've been your question." I gasp. He nods and pulls his hat lower, hiding his face. I pull it back up. "What's your answer, hun?" "Do dalmations have spots?" He smiles and spins me around in a hug. "Now let's get out to that wedding."

*20 minutes later*

Rachel's pov

My make up is all over the place. Kurt holds my hands proudly and surprisingly with tears in his eyes too. "And if there's anyone who would object to these two getting married speak now or forever hold your peace." The preacher says. The doors slam open. "I have an objection." Tully says, walking in. Oh no! I shoot a pleading look to Miranda who shoots one to Jason. He nods.

Jason's pov

"Come on Tully, you don't wanna do this!" I gasp, stepping in his way. "Actually yes I do! There's a reason they ask that at weddings well people like me we're the reason." He says. I grab his arm. "If you love her you won't do this." "No, it's because I love her that I'm doing this." He says pulling free. What do I do now?

Rachel's pov

There's no stopping this. "What do you want Tully?" "For you to hear me out and then if you still say no you'll never hear another word about it from me." He says. "Dude you're just setting yourself up to get hurt." Jason whispers. "Rachel I want y- no I need you in my life. I gave up the only person that made me happy. I was a moron. I know that now. I see that. I just can't live without you. I need you. I need my princess back. I won't blow it again. I won't hurt your feelings and make you cry again. I'll be a better man!" He cries desperately. I sigh. "Tully, no. It's not going to happen between us. I'm sorry. But I am happy, if you love me like Jason just said you'd let me be happy." I drop the bouquet to the floor. "Please stop doing this to yourself. Find someone that can make you as happy as Kurt is for me." I say, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I already did then I lost it." He mumbles, looking at the ground. I sigh and hug him. "You'll find someone one day." I say. "So there's no chance?" I shake my head. "Nothing." He sighs. "Sorry I interrupted your wedding. Sorry for hurting you." He says. He walks away, making me feel so bad. "It's okay. It's not your fault. Get back to the wedding." Jason says, picking the flowers off the floor and handing them to me. "Thanks." He nods and resumes his rightful place as best man as I go back to stand beside Kurt. "Then it brings me great happiness to proudly pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Kurt sweeps me off my feet. "Thank you for being the best thing to ever walk backstage in skinny jeans and a Jason T-shirt." He whispers, kissing me passionately. Out of the corner of my eye, I see my best gal holding hands with her best man and a shiny new engagement ring on her finger.