Apocalyptic Love

Ahhhh Thank you guys so much for 1k!!!!

As soon as I saw how many reads I had, I knew I had to write another one-shy straight away! I've been reading these really amazing Percabeth zombie apocalypse stories
(check this one out-> https://m.fanfiction.net/s/8738625/1/Zombies-Tigers-and-Bears-Oh-My) 
so I thought I might have a go writing one.
So it's like a Percy Jackson x The Walking Dead sort of situation... Depending on how well I go with this, I might write a part 2, who knows??
Anyway, on with Percabeth being in a zombie apocalypse... (Seriously if this were to ever happen I'd probably die in two weeks tops.)

Warning: Swearing and possible gore.

ANNABETH CHASE

Her hair was too long and she knew it. Already she's almost died because it got caught on something. She knew she had to cut it but she somehow felt like it was her last connection to her old life- before the outbreak.
Her mother- her real mother- had the same hair as her. Long, blond, and in curls, draping down her back. But she was gone now, dead, three years before the outbreak. And Annabeth felt like if she cut her hair, she would lose her mother forever.

It was such a petty thing but then again, she was only a child when her mother had died.

Athena was her mother's name. Like the Greek goddess herself. She had the same name, the same eyes, same hair and the same brain as the goddess. Only she wasn't immortal. A simple car crash had killed her, leaving Annabeth and her father Frederick behind.

Annabeth soon lost her father as well, only he didn't die. Instead he had remarried a young pretty lady, of a simple mind but a strong will. Annabeth didn't improve of the marriage. She knew her father could be manipulated, and he was.

He was tricked to hate his own daughter under the influence of his new wife. Soon he had twins with her, Matthew and Bobby, and that was really when Annabeth was alone. She was the outsider in the family....but then again she was the only one that survived the outbreak.

Day of the outbreak
It was summer time, so the twins weren't at school. This was her first summer out of school, meaning she didn't have to dread the days school would come back around. She was free from it.
She walked through the hallway of her home and made her way up the stairs to her room. It was the smallest space in the house. With bland, white walls. A small bed with two sheets and a pillow.

Her feet touch the wooden flooring. It feels cold even though it's scorching outside. That's the only thing she's really liked about her room. It's always a bearable temperature.

"Annabeth!" She hears her step-brother Matthew yell from downstairs.
"What?" She yells back.
"Dad said you have to take us to the mall!"
She rolls her eyes. Of course he did. Never once would he ask if she would be able to. Nope! She doesn't even have a choice.
"I'll be down in a minute!"
No point arguing.

Annabeth gets some socks and a pair of shoes, her fake-converses. Of course her parents wouldn't pay for a real pair. They're expensive as heck.
She grabs a hair tie and puts her hair back in a loose ponytail. To get it away from her face.
She walks down the stairs again with her keys in her hand. The only reason she was given a car was to drive the boys places. Not for her own transportation.

"Hurry up Annie!" Bobby calls from around the corner.
"I'm coming!" She yells.
"Don't get your knickers in a twist."
She adds under her breath.
She turns the corner to see the boys talking with their mom.
"Here's $60 each. Use it well boys." She kisses them on their heads.
"Ewww. Geez mom!" Matthew tries to get get the salvia off his forehead.

They look up and notice Annabeth.
"Well come on girl. Don't keep them waiting." She nods and ducks her head as she passes.
"Shotgun!" One of the boys yells, running past her and towards the car. He opens the front door and hops inside, locking it behind him so his twin can't argue.
"You got the front last time!" Bobby bangs on the window.
"Hey! I just washed them." She hisses.
Bobby turns to her.
"Well you obviously didn't do a good job!" He runs his hands down the window and grins.
"Little devil-spawn." She says.
"Mom! Annabeth's being rude!" He yells.
Annabeth glares at him while she's reprimanded.
"Just get in the car." She says.