Unexpected Relationship

For TheGrayEyedOne

Percy picking Annabeth up from school.

STUDENT IN HER CLASS PoV
Brittany:

I laugh with my friend Paige. She just showed me the video that's been circulating around the school. I may have already seen it a billion times, but it never loses its humour. What's the video of?

That geek guy James being pushed.

You know how someone kneels behind someone as someone else pushes them over that over person? No? Well whatever. I suck at explaining things.

As soon as the geek tries to stabilise himself, he falls backwards because of Brandon. He was crouched down right behind him.

I laugh again as the geek's legs flail as he falls over Brandon's back.

What. An. Idiot. (A/N: ayyeeee what a Harry Potter Reference...)

Paige turns off her phone and puts it in her pocket.

"Hey look, Annabeth is coming." She says to me.
"See if you can get her to come to the party on Friday. She could really hit it off with a guy." I say to Paige.

"Didn't she say she had a boyfriend?" She asks.
"Well obviously she was lying. Poor girl. She's probably just embarrassed. It's strange though. She's really pretty, but she wastes her potential on academics. No guys like nerds." I say.

Annabeth hoists her bag up higher, and tightens her ponytail a little.

"Hey Annabeth!" Paige yells.
Annabeth looks over in question.
We both wave her over.

She begrudgingly makes her way over.

"Brittany. Paige." She greets.

"Hey, we were wondering if you'd like to come to the party on Friday. Everyone's going to be there. Who knows, maybe you could meet a guy...." I say.
Paige giggles.
"The guys would drool all over you Annie!" She pipes in.

Annabeth looks between us.
"Thank you for the invite..." She says, being polite.
"But?" I ask her.

"But I told you. I have a boyfriend. And I never have really liked the party scene that much." She shrugs.

I roll my eyes.

"Oh come on. We know you don't have a boyfriend. You don't need to keep lying to us. It's nothing to be ashamed of." Paige says, putting a hand on Annabeth's shoulder.

Annabeth rolls her eyes then sighs.

"Sorry, but it's a no girls. I've got to get to the bus...see you later."

She turns around and starts to make her way towards the school bus.
I turn to Paige.

"She's so weird."
"The weirdest." She agrees.

"I can't believe she keeps lying about having a boyf-" I'm cut off by a shout coming from the car park.

"Annabeth!"
My jaw drops when a really hot and sexy guy walks up the steps of the car park and towards Annabeth, calling her name.

He has longish, messy black hair. Even from this distance I can see how striking his eyes are. They shine a blue-green colour. His jaw is structured and he stands tall and muscled.

"Oh...my...god." I whisper.

Annabeth runs towards him, full bolt.

A grin is plastered on her face, mirroring that of the guy's.

She gets to him and jumps on him, engulfing him in a hug.
I can hear him laugh and he catches her, hugging her back.

Her legs wrap around his waist and he puts his face in her hair.

He just be incredibly strong because Annabeth is tall, but he's not even shifting a little bit under her weight.

They don't even seem to care that you're causing a scene.

Annabeth leans back a little and smiles at him. The boy sets her down on the ground. She reaches his nose when she stands up straight.

Annabeth looks up at the teenager and puts her hands on either side of his face.

He leans down and kisses her, his hand in her hair, pulling her closer to him.
I turn to Paige.

"I don't think she was lying..." I whisper.
Paige looks at me and nods, dumbfounded.

Annabeth Chase wasn't lying. She had a boyfriend.

And a hot one at that.

I smiled slightly as they walked out of the school together.
The boy had his arm around Annabeth's shoulder, listening to her as she told him about her day.

He put his head back as he laughed.

Annabath reached up and grabbed the hand that was around her shoulder.
She says something more and he kisses her forehead.

Brittany watches in awe as the couple hop into a stylish car and drive away.

The nerd girl had a hot boyfriend.

A/N: Thanks for reading!
Xx
Any Requests?