Apocalyptic Love pt. 13

Word count: 1800+

ANNABETH CHASE

Grover said nothing when he entered the room. He didn't comment on our intimacy or the trace of tears on Percy's cheeks. And for that, I was grateful.
He walked up towards me, unravelling the coil of stitches.

"This is the last of the actual stitches. I don't know what we are going to do when we need to close wounds in the future." Grover says sadly.
"Fishing line." I say.
Percy looks at me.
"Wouldn't that be a bit thin?" Percy asks.
"Nah. It works. I had to use some a couple months ago. It comes out easier anyway." Both boys nod.

Grover looks over my arm, pushing against the sides of the wound. I wince.

"There were no pain killers in the supplies. If you want, I can knock you out while I stitch up the wounds." Grover proposes.
Percy's forehead scrunches in confusion.

"Before we left there were some in the supplies. I know because I had done a count. There was still 5 bottles left."
Grover sighs.
"There were problems here while you were gone. Three guys, humans, found the compound. We let them in because they didn't seem dangerous. But ever since, they have been scaring everyone. They've told of an incoming herd that would tear this place apart. They said that we would be safe if we went with them. Thalia put an end to their public speeches. But supplies started going missing. People disappeared. And then Annabeth got shot."
Grover looks down.

"Strange things are happening here Percy. Ever since those new guys got here."

"I'll deal with them once Annabeth is taken care of."

"Very well." Grover says.
He turns to me, pulling out a needle and threading it with the start of the coil.
"The needle is the best we've got."
I nod and suck in a breath.

Percy puts his hand on mine.

"Do you want us to knock you out? You may feel dizzy when you first wake up but it will be better than feeling the needle."
I know already what it feels like to stitch up a wound without any type of pain relief. And now that I have the chance to not feel it again, I'm going to take it.

"Please knock me out." I say to Percy.
He nods and stands up awkwardly.
He shifts uncomfortably, not wanting to lay even a finger on me.
"Use the butt of your gun." I tell him.
He nods silently, unholstering his gun and unloading it in case.
"Okay...we'll wake you up when it's over." Percy says.

I nod, staring straight into his prominent eyes.

He sighs and brushes his fingers over my forehead.

"I'm sorry."

He raises his gun and brings it down on my temple, hard.
There's a horrible pain.

My eyes roll into the back of my head, a blackness consuming my being.
As I drift through the blackness my mind drifts to the feeling of Percy's lips against mine.

Time skip

I can feel the horrible throbbing even before I open my eyes. The pain from my arm, my side and especially my head. I force my eyes open, blinking at the sudden light.
I groan and rub my temple. There is definitely going to be a bruise.
When I push myself up in a siting position, a gasp escapes my lips. I attempt to blink away the dizziness. Eventually the room stops spinning.