Holiday Clothes Shopping (Christmas/Headcanon)

"Annabeth, explain to me again why I have to buy clothes for Christmas."

"Thals, it's kind of like a tradition. And we have a theme this year." Annabeth shuffled through the clothes rack at H&M. There were many choices during the holiday season. Normally she wouldn't be excited, but since Christmas was coming, and her best friend was here, there was hardly a reason why she shouldn't be.

"Hope the theme is leave-Thalia-out-of-it-because-she-has-Huntress-duties-to-do." Thalia crossed her arms as she watched Annabeth simultaneously choose three random outfits, which all looked pretty nice. "And since when were you even able to do that?"

"Shopping with Piper." Annabeth replied nonchalantly. "Bit of her rubbed off on me. And for your information, the theme is red and black, so you're kinda off course. And, I have sources telling me that on Christmas day itself, you will be relieved of any duties.

Thalia snorted. "Same as always, aren't you? Annabeth, I really don't want to be involved. I have other things to do."

"Thalia, please." Annabeth pleaded. She wasn't one to beg or to plead, but she really wanted one of her first best friends to join in. She wanted her to relax and have fun (even if she didn't always exactly go with relaxing and having fun).

They exchanged silent glances. Annabeth finally broke into her Desperate Look. Thalia was shocked. Annabeth barely ever showed her Desperate Look. Flashes of memories back to the old days, when she, Luke and Annabeth were still on the run. The look. It was the expression that she just had to give in to, because it hurt to see more of it.

"Fine." Thalia grumbled. "This year only."

Annabeth hugged her tightly. "Thank you so much."

"Yeah, okay." Thalia smiled a bit.

"Now try these on!" Annabeth handed her some clothing articles and pushed her in one of the fitting rooms. This cycle repeated for the whole day, and in the end, even though they ran around in different stores and Annabeth was tired from picking clothes and Thalia was tired of trying them on, they had a good time together as just as best friends and sisters.

*-*-*-*

I should really start drafting these things out earlier and not brainstorm them in within 10 minutes. Now I know why they're so crappy. Alright, I'll try to make tomorrow's one better.