Jiper Special (Valentine's Day One-Shot)

"How do you like it?"

"Jason it's wonderful. I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate."

Piper sat cross legged on the pink mat laid down on the sand at the beach. The evening light was dim, the sky a beautiful mix of orange and purple. She felt happy because it was like symbolizing the unity between a Greek and a Roman. Her and Jason.

Today, since it was Valentine's Day, the campers decided to give all the couples a day off. Somewhere in the forest, Frank and Hazel were having a candlelit dinner. Travis and Katie were probably spending time in a magical garden Annabeth designed for camp with the help of various gods and goddesses like Dionysus, Demeter, Hecate and Persephone. And speaking of Annabeth, Piper guessed she was with Percy somewhere underwater. Again.

As for her and Jason, they had planned this months upon months. They wanted to make their 5th Valentines' Day special. So they did this. A picnic. Just the two of them. Why was this one in particular so special? Because it was one where it was with nobody else bothering them.

Piper laid her head on Jason's lap. He smiled down at her but she noticed something wrong. His smile said 'I love you' but his eyes were distant. Immediately Piper knew something was definitely wrong. She sat and straightened herself up. She gave Jason a serious look.

"Spit." she said.

"What?" He sounded genuinely confused but still Piper wanted to force it out of him.

She took a deep breath. "You've been acting really.. weird."

Jason bit his lip. Piper suddenly felt nervous. "You know we've dating for quite some time now." Piper nodded. "And we've been through everything together since the war with Gaia." he slowly added. Piper looked down. Was he trying to say what she thought he was trying to say?

"And I want to end it all now."

Piper felt like fainting. She wanted to break down into tears and fill the whole camp with salty tears. "Are.. are you breaking up with me?"

Jason nodded. "I don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore."

Then he pulled out a ring. "I want you to be my wife."

Then for real, Piper's heart really stopped. He wanted to break up with her... to marry her? As in take the next step?

"Piper McLean, will you marry me?"

Piper pulled him in with such force that he nearly fell.

"Make that Piper Grace. And yes I will."

They both kissed and knew that this Valentine's Day was the best in all their five years together.

__________________________________________________________________________

JIPER FEELS.