It's Okay (Percabeth/One-Shot)

Fall. That was all Annabeth could think about. Fall, scream until you die. That was her plan. To be with him. She watched in horror as her boyfriend was being tormented over and over again. But she knew he could not feel anything. His last breath was sucked out when it clawed at his heart. His lifeless, limp body swaying around in the creature's arms. His eyes hollow, and his whole body bloody. She wanted to cut the monster into pieces. But she couldn't bring herself to it. She could only feel helpless, feeling no purpose to live. She wanted to spend all her moments with him but that wasn't possible if he wasn't there. And finally, he was swallowed up by the thing, who apparently looked like it was smirking. A tiny voice whispered, "He is gone. You cannot do anything now." A scream tore from her throat as she woke up in confusion.

Annabeth looked around her. She was in a completely different place than before. Her own cabin. Her safehouse. She sobbed while hugging her knees tightly.She was rocking back and forth and let out ear-piercing wails. She heard a thud and Malcolm came running to her. "Annabeth, what happened?" he demanded. Annabeth gave him the crazy look. He tried to take her hand but she screamed at him. "Get away! My Percy, my Percy. Gone. GONE!" She screamed that last part louder, awakening a few others and Malcolm said to one of them "Get him." She nodded and ran out.

Next thing you know, Percy was running in. "Annabeth! Annabeth!" Annabeth looked up when she heard him. She sprang out of her bed. She collapsed into Percy's arms and clutched onto him tightly. Her sobs were getting louder by the second and some of her siblings had attempted to go back to sleep but failed. Meanwhile, Percy was comforting Annabeth the best he could. He took her outside and let her calm down before explaining. "You and I, we were... we were on our way. To-to save Jenny." Percy nodded. Jenny was a sweet and mischievious Demeter girl, who had grown to the pair over the last summer. "They said she was in a-a cell and th-then when we g-got there she.... she.." She started sniffing. "Then they t-took, they-they t-took you." This time she burst into uncontrollable sobs, so loud some of the other cabin's lights were flickering on.

Percy hugged her warmly. "It's okay. Jenny and I are fine. We-" He paused. "- I will never leave you alone. Never. Okay? I promise that as long as I am alive, I will always be there for you, no matter what. You don't have to think about ever getting seperated with me because I will always be by your side. Don't you dare." He embraced her tightly. She felt the warmth surging through her body.

Then, as if by miracle Annabeth didn't feel like crying anymore. Like all her tears had gone away, never retreating back. Was it his hug? Or was it his reassuring promise? She didn't know. But that didn't really matter. He made a promise. To stay with her. And Percy would never break a promise.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So guys I am sooo sorry that was so short I'm really busy but I didn't want to disappoint you guys so I made one. Forgive me, I feel guilty but please, I assure you as soon as I have time, I will do a longer one. Thank you cream puffs!!

Btw, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR NEARLY A 1000 VOTES!! THAT'S INSANE! IT'S LIKE A SAUSAGE FEST! (anybody get that reference?) And more, that I have almost 35k reads! I still remember taking a screenshot of when I first got a 100 reads... ahh memories. Thank you so much and I will see you later!!

~Fae