Chapter 79

Maggie's POV
December 2nd
I woke up and it was 9:30 a.m. I saw Matt and he was crying and holding my hand. "Babe... Matt" I said. He looked up. "Matt." I said again.  He sprung up and hugged me. "Baby. You remember now! I love you" he cried into me. He was bawling his eyes out. "For 5 months.. 5 months.. You had no clue of who I was or what I was to you!" He cried. "Why'd you stay?" I asked. "Because I love you. Everyday I would come by and show you that video and make sure your okay." He said. I smiled, "this is why I love you Matt" I started tearing up. He honestly could of left me at any point because I had no clue who he was. The doctor came n moments later. "Good morning Maggie, how are you feeling?" He asked. "Pretty good, I don't feel light headed anymore but i still hurt." I said. Matt was shaking. "That's good to hear, the bruises should go away in a few days or weeks, but over all your perfect" he said. "What about the memory loss? Just a couple months ago she was in an accident and she couldn't remember living in California or who I was.. " He said. "Well were still checking on that but it seems to be that she was hit the right way and it just fixed the part of the brain that was injured a few months ago. She must have a guardian angel." He smiled and walked out. I was free to leave today so Matt packed up his things and mine. Matt was on the phone with his friends and told everyone the good news. As I laid in bed I was thinking about what to put on Twitter so I tweeted, "I believe in miracles, and one just happened to me. I'm so grateful." "Oh my god! Where's Kathy!" I said. "She's down the hall, she hurt her knee.. And her collar bone is broken, not to mention she hit her head pretty good.. She won't be leaving for a few weeks." Matt said. "I have to see her!" I said. Matt finished up and sat all of our bags on the bed and helped me up and we walked the her room. She wasn't awake. I sat by her bed and she just laid there, not moving or anything. "When is she gonna wake up?" I asked. "The doctors not sure.." He said. I started crying. "It could be a few hours,days,weeks,Months even years" he said. "That's not helping Matt please" I cried. I needed clothes from home so I could stay here with her. The nurse said we had to leave.. Why I have know clue. I gave her the dirtiest look because I was mad.. So we went to my room and had my nurse take the IV off and At 12:00 p.m we were able to leave. Matt helped me and we left the hospital in his car. "So about my car.." I said. "Yeah I'm sorry, it's totaled. Completely wrecked." He said. "Oh. That was my baby" I said and frowned. I called my mom and dad and told them what happened and they cried. I can't believe this happened. Honestly, with my luck. I remember now. I don't know what I'm gonna do.. I need a car. My schooling starts in January! We finally got back to the apartment and Matt parked. We walked in together and went upstairs. We walked in and everyone was gone. "Where is everyone?" I asked. "Well the girls are all shopping" he said. "That's awesome." I replied. Matt sat the stuff down on the couch and we went to my room. He sat on my bed and I put a bunch of clothes in a duffle bag. "How long are you planning on staying with her?" He asked. "Until she wakes up and can leave the hospital" I said. "Babe" he said. I gave him a look and he stopped talking. I felt bad. I laid next to him and he cuddled with me, "I'm sorry I just. I don't know" I cried. I started crying into his chest. "I just want to spend time with you, babe you didn't know I even existed for the last 5 months." He said. I cried even more. "Want me to call the hospital and tell them to leave a note and to call me when she wakes up?" He said and I nodded. He sat up pulled his phone out and called. I got up and put leggings on and a loose shirt. I laid in bed under the covers. My head kind of hurt but I didn't want to say anything to the doctor. It's probably nothing but whatever. I laid there and Matt closed the blinds and shut my door. He laid next to me and cuddled with me. "Owe Matt" I whimpered. "I'm sorry" he said and kissed my forehead. God I love him so much. In the matter of minutes I fell asleep.
Matts POV
I can't believe she got her memory back. Thank god! I cried every night and every day. Because everyday she would see me and would be scared. I was a stranger. But now I'm not. She remembers!! I'm so in love with her it hurts. I love her so much. I feel bad because she doesn't know how hurt Kathy got but I want to spend time with her.. I didn't even call the hospital.. I called one of the boys and they just went along. She's gonna flip if she finds out. God why do I do this. Dang it. She's sleeping in my arms right now and I completely lied to her. I kissed her forehead and she fell asleep. I have no words. I feel so bad but I just needed this. I missed this, I needed her, I need to hug her and know that everything will be okay.