06

Well I guess I'm going to have to go to Mrs. Wickenburg for a replacement because I'm not going back to Mr. Howell.

I got a new replacement from Mrs. Wickenburg who was very understanding. It seems she's very fond of me ever since I apologized yesterday. I skipped my last class, which happens to be Health with Mr. Howell.  I think it's pretty reasonable.

I mean if someone had made out with their teacher, it would be acceptable to want to avoid him. For me, it isn't because I'm embarrassed, it's because I don't know if he is.

I decide to skip breakfast and just eat the bags of chips that Maci had brought me yesterday from Lunch. I told her I felt sick and she gave me some pain killers which I obviously didn't eat. I just left the pills in my my bag just in case.

I can't hide forever.

After all, my first period class is Mr. Howell's. I'll have to go or else I'll be spanked. I roll my eyes at the thought, I never thought that statement would ever slip in my mind.

I rush quickly and enter the classroom. I go straight to the back and sit with my facing the desk.

"Omera? Are you feeling better?" Maci asks as she sits next to me. I press my lips together, feeling my lip balm.

"Yeah, then again I couldn't skip class." I shake my head at her. She nods as she reads the directions on the board.

"We're getting assigned seats today. I hope we sit near each other and in the front." She dreamily states.

"I'd much rather sit in the back." I mutter under my breath.

"What?" She asks and I shake my head as Mr. Howell enters. He has a black button up shirt today instead of white. His hair is neat as it rest in it's usual style. I want to go up there and push it out of his face.

"Everyone stand up and make your way to the back of the class." He announces in a stern voice. He seems frustrated as he angrily flips open his book. All the girls get up quickly and rush to the back of the classroom. I make sure I'm at the back of the mob. "Let's work our ways up, shall we?" He muses.

He begins to call out names, and the desk fill themselves up. I grow nervous as the people sit, is he going to put me in the front?

"Ms. Anders sit right next to Ms. Brooks." Mr. Howell calls out and Maci taps me.

"That's me. See you soon." She whispers and I give her a smile. When Mr. Howell gets to the front desks located in the middle row he smirks.

"Ms. Jules and Omera." I feel my breath hitch. Did he just give me the desk we made out on yesterday? I begin walking down the isle with the other girl. We take a seat, and I look at my lap. Why does he address me with my first name while he calls everyone else by their last names?

--

The bell rings and I want to make sure I get out without being detected. Before I could jet off Maci walks over and she opens her mouth to say something but she's cut off by Mr. Howell.

"Omera, stay after class." He orders and Maci frowns at me. She walks off and I mentally try to make her stay but she's already left.

"Do you need something, Sir?" I ask as the students for his next class fill in.

"I would love a lot of things from you." He smirks as my cheek heat up. "However, right now I have a class to teach. I need you to come back here the period before lunch with your school bag."

"What for?" I ask but he shakes his head.

"I will tell you later. Here is your late pass and Omera I do appreciate you leaving your keys here but I think you need it more." He laughs as he hands me my key and my late pass. His class is talking amongst themselves, they don't notice me leaving.

--

"Where are you going?" Maci asks as she sees me walking in the opposite direction of the staircase. "You have a free period, remember?"

"Mr. Howell wanted to see me." I say and she giggles.

"He's probably going to spank you for missing class." She winks, she draws her hand back and gives me a smack. I jump quickly and turn to her.

"It hurts more than you think. I feel like someone took a bat and beat me down." I gasp, rubbing my bum.

"Damn, how many did he give you?" She asks in concern. She holds her own bum as I wince.

I blush but answer anyways. "About thirty."

Her eyes widen in shock. "Oh lord. I've only got ten at most."

"That's bullshit. Why the fuck did I get thirty?" I ask in anger.

"I don't know." Maci shrugs. "You better get going."

"You're right." I say as I begin to walk away. "Save me a spot in lunch."

"Will do." She promises.

I walk to Mr. Howell's room slowly. I hold the straps of my backpack as I walk. I stand in front of his door and knock swiftly. I hear his footsteps and the familiar fear strikes me. Why does he make me so damn nervous?

"Come in." He says, opening the door wide for me.

_______