75

CHAPTER 75
OMERA WILLIAMS

"How we met?" I repeat the question and give him a confused look. He knows exactly how we met, so why would he even offer to tell Euri the story?

"Yes, she really wants to know and I feel like you tell it best." He states, essentially dumping the responsibility to making up a story on me. I don't blame him, I'm a decent liar and since Euri doesn't know me, she won't tell if I'm lying.

"Well, it was when I began going to boarding school." I decide to start off with the truth because making the entire story up would just make it easier to catch. "It's close by here actually, I was there to be a teacher's assistant to gain experience."

"Oh, so you're in college?" Euri questions.

"I used to be, but I decided to drop out for a year." I continue my lie, she seems like she wants to question me further but that would turn into a mess so I think quick to stop it. "Oh god, don't remind me of college some more, it really makes me feel anxious."

Dan looks at me with amusement, he seems to want me to continue with my whole "I-was-a-teacher's-assistant" story. I would be amused too because thinking back to how I actually am, working in a boarding school would make me vomit.

"College was a headache for me as well, although I really wished I had finished." She states sadly, I quickly latch onto that as a way to stray away from this story.

"Oh, why didn't you finish?" I ask the question with the answer already in mind. It was obviously because of Tree.

"I had to turn my focus to Tree." She gives me a tight smile.

"What were you even studying as?" I say, I'm completely certain that she won't return to the topic, her own inferences of what happened probably eased her curiosity.

"Let's continue your story first, Omera." Dan cuts my happiness quick. I give him a pointed glare, isn't he supposed to be on my side? He looks as if he's on the verge of bursting out in laughter. If he really wants to treat this as entertainment then I'm all for it.

"Oh yes, so how did you guys end up meeting?" Euri agrees, I give her a fake smile.

"Well, my wonderful partner in this relationship is better with his words, I might just say the wrong thing. Dan, tell her." I give him an innocent smile as I let the words past my mouth.

His smile drops when the eyes turn to him. "Well...uh...it was in the-" He extends the word as he tries coming up with a lie. "Library."

I immediately feel like slapping him right on the back of his head. The library? Is he serious? I don't think I ever step foot in there, but I'm sure he'll pull through with it.

"Go on..." Euri seems really unsure of our whole story now.

"Yeah, we were there to pick material for class, we just met a lot of times afterwards and clicked." He finishes up the story quickly.

Euri does seem suspicious but pushes it away. "How did you ask her out?"

"Well, I asked her while I helped her find some materials." He clarifies with an awkward smile.

"How sweet." Euri grins, clearly satisfied with the story.

"Trust me, nothing about it was sweet." Dan mutters.

"What?" She looks at him with confusion, oh Dan, you had to fuck it up once more.

"Nothing, we should be checking up on Tree and Phil." He changes the subject quick, he gets up and walks off.

Once he's out of sight, Euri turns to me with an eye roll. "I know that story was fake."

"It really was." I confirm with a shrug, she lets out a chuckle.

"I'm assuming I won't get the real story." Euri says.

"Yeah, it isn't the best. Maybe some day." I assure her with a light pat on her shoulder. I get up and go to Phil's room as well.

"-and it makes me feel confused sometimes." Phil tells Dan in a quiet voice.

"Confused about what?" Dan questions.

"The whole situation, what am I supposed to feel?" Phil quietly explains.

"Feel? Are you-" Dan seems a bit distressed, as he talks. He's cut off when I enter the room and they both quiet down. Phil looks down toward Tree who seems to be talking to a stuffed animal in a low voice.

"You really nailed that story." I sarcastically compliment Dan.

"At least she believed it." Dan brushes off my criticism harshly.

"Oleela." Tree takes notice of me and skips over to me. "Look this is a lion names Lion because that's what Phil told me it was because it's his lion."

"Tree, you waste too much of your breath with those words." I sigh as I get down on my knees to inspect the lion myself. Phil seems to be staring at me for a bit before he excuses himself to leave.

"Does he not like me or something? He always seems to leave when I'm around." I pout as I ask Dan. I sit flat on the floor and Tree crawls into my lap and continues to play with the stuffed lion.

"It seems so, just forget about him for now." Dan seems a bit bothered by the subject.

"I'm currently in his room, how do I just forget?" I jokingly say, but Dan seems too distracted to seem amused.

"I have to talk to him, I'll be back." Dan excuses himself.

"You're leaving me in his room?" I look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You've got a pair of legs, if you want to leave, you fucking can." He snaps at me, Tree turns his head to Dan and grips my arm in fear.

"Calm down, there's still a child here. No need to be aggressive." I warn him.

Dan's eyes flick to Tree and he sighs. "I'm sorry."

And with that, he exits.

"Why was he yelling, Oleela?" Tree asks with a bit of sadness Dan had to scare the kid, if he really wanted to yell at me he should've done it later when I was actually allowed to yell back.

"He was acting stupid, ignore him." I wave it off but the question is on my mind as well. Why would he be so hostile all of a sudden? Is it because I threw the responsibility of telling the story on him? If it is, then he needs to grow up.

"I don't like when people act stupid like that." Tree realizes, he slowly lets go of my arm.

"Yeah, I don't either."

_______

A/N:

Yeah, I don't know why I say things I can't do. I knew I had to do something today, yet I promised a chapter. I'm sorry for the lateness.

Okay, this might be my signature time of updating. Just before bed, I have time to sort through my chapter and fix everything.

I'm going to stop promising chapters on certain days because who knows if my teachers will surprise me with hours of homework on an update day. I will update on days I find free time and that will probably be every other day. I think this might allow me to update more.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. ily Ashley, thanks for being patient with me <3

-Chloe