19

Just as I leave the room the door slams shut behind me.

I silently make my way through the halls with quiet footsteps, since most people had class the halls were empty. How did Mrs. Wickenburg know where I was in the first place? Was Mr. Howell's room the first she checked? I have a bad feeling that she has an idea of what's going on.

I clear my mind as I approach Mrs. Wickenburg's office.

I enter the office quietly as well, I see my father waiting for me. His face seems so foreign it's weird seeing him after so many weeks. He smiles brightly as he takes in my appearance. Probably because I don't have much makeup on, he always liked that look on me. I stopped with my winged liner and foundation because it's getting too hard to even put an effort. I only do a little mascara here and there.

"Hey..." I trail as he gets up from his seat. He seems a bit eager to see me, maybe he brought good news.

"Omera, how are you?" He asks with excitement.

"I'm great. What brings you here?" I don't want to beat around the bush.

"Well I have good news and bad news." He cuts to the chase. He grabs a coin from his pocket and I roll my eyes. My dad's stupid coin flipping thing, it's the worse. He flips a coin for every decision he makes.

"Don't flip that stupid coin. Just give me the news." I stop him mid-way, his smile drops to a frown as he slowly puts his coin away.

"Well, the good news is that we're taking you out of this boarding school. Your mother and I decided it was a bad idea." He says with a great big grin.

No.

No, no, no, no, no.

I don't want to leave yet. Somehow, leaving Mr. Howell seems like the worse possible thing I could do right now. I need to get my revenge before I leave, well not really revenge. I'm actually starting to crave him in a sense. I can't let my Dad know that though.

"And the bad news...?" I ask with hesitance.

"Well bad news is that we're taking you out right after this term. Which ends in two months. I know you want to get out of here as soon as possible but-" He explains before I cut him off.

That's great news actually.

"Perfect. Thank you so much." I say with too much excitement. He gives me a strange look but overlooks it.

--

I decide to make my way back to Mr. Howell's room. I need to work a bit fast considering I have a two months left here. My father had just caught up with me and told me that he had left money in my card. After that, he just gave me his blessings and sent me off.

I nervously look at the big clock on the wall before I enter the staircase. Five minutes before lunch, I wouldn't make it.

I'm halfway up the staircase when the bell rings. I should at least make it to my room and put my stuff away. I begin making my way up the stairs, pushing some girls out of the way.

"Everyone please make your way to the auditorium instead of the lunchroom. Thank you."

I'm surprised that Mrs. Wickenburg only had to say it once. I'm used to announcements being repeated twice. I have no time to make it to my room, I'll be in trouble if I make it late.

I rush with the group of girls to the auditorium, not sure where it is exactly, so I'll just follow them. As I near the big doors to the auditorium, I see Mr. Howell entering, he looks relaxed as he greets a few students. A few freshmen giggle as they see him and I can't help but feel jealous. I make sure to shove past them as I walk in.

I spot Maci waving at me from the middle of the room, everyone neatly files in so it isn't very hard to make my way over to her. I scan the room quickly to find Mr. Howell. I see him sitting next to another teacher, talking to her with a smile. My jealousy fuels even more as she scoots closer.

I walk over to Maci, ignoring the scene. I can't help but peak over, I see him smirk. It made me feel weird seeing him looking at someone else that way. He probably took interest in her, at least they could date without getting in trouble.

"Quiet!" Mrs. Wickenburg orders from the stage. Immediate silence follows, I'm a bit impressed with the obedience.

"As you all know, we barely get outdoor time here at Gwen Allen's Boarding School. We've reviewed the students government's ideas and have agreed on a school overnight trip. The trip will be to a campground not too far from here. Camp ClearWaters." She pauses as a few girls cheer. " But, it is a privilege we are giving to some students. So be on your best behavior." Mrs. Wickenburg announces, I can't help the repulsive feeling at the mention of a camp.

The last time I went to camp, I fell into a rock and got a black eye.

"We will also be sharing the camping trip with the Morrison's Boarding school. However, if you attend the camping trip, you will not be present for the Autumn Welcome." She warns. Well, that's easy, I'll just go to the dance. I don't want to camp, camping is boring. It would be fun if the students weren't so close minded.

The camping applications are being handed out and Mrs. Wickenburg walks up to me. I glance at her, what does she want?

"Ms. Williams, I hope you are aware that the camping trip is not optional for you." She says with an evil smile.

"What? I don't want to camp with a bunch of uptight girls." I deny her idea. Her smile drops as she gives me a pointed glare.

"Please speak respectfully." She demands.

"Yes, ma'am." I sigh.

"You are the student with the worst behavior at this school. You will attend and assist the camp staff by working as punishment." She informs me with a happy grin.

"Ew, no. I refuse, ma'am." I brush her off. I don't want to clean after people, that's so much work.

"You have no say in this. This is a punishment." She dismisses me as she walks off. I roll my eyes and lay my head on Maci's shoulder.

"Kill me, Maci." I ask her politely as I shut my eyes.

"Don't worry, Omera. At least, Mr. Howell is chaperoning."