80

At the time of publishing this chapter: It has been a long time since I've last published. So I urge you to read the previous chapter again. This is the final chapter. I'm 90% sure that I'll write a sequel. I'll announce it when I do.

(IG: b.ites) 

This is a quick little scene, it felt right ending it this way. I don't think any other ending would fit.

Thank you for reading.
--

"Why shouldn't I tell Phil?" I question him with a curious look as he locks the door. He ignores me, and sits on the bed. Suddenly there is an unexpected tension in the air

"I think I'm going away for a while." He states with an unreadable expression.

"Going away? Where?" I ask him with a frown. Is he really about to throw this on me? He's leaving? What does that even mean?

He grabs my hands and grips them tightly. "Just to see my family and refresh a bit, and I think you should do it too. I want to help you, but I feel like every time I'm near you, I mess everything up."

I bite my cheek to stop myself from convincing him otherwise. I've said the same thing to him at some point, yet hearing him say it makes me want to refute it. I feel hopeless and I also feel like the biggest idiot ever for even thinking to make him feel better about making me feel horrible.

My silence doesn't bother him. "I want you to be the Omera you were before you met me, you look so weak and...depressed. I don't want you to be like that and I'm sure you don't want to be like this." He states. I peer at him and try to process what he said. I feel like there's an elephant on my chest, and I feel like I'm sinking slowly. I see his point but I couldn't open my mouth to tell him. Once he realizes I'm not going to reply, he sighs and gets up to leave.

"When will you come back?" I stop him in his tracks. He turns back to me, and hesitates to speak, immediately I know it's not gonna be soon.

He walks toward me, and grabs ahold of my face. I stare at him with a sad expression, this all feels cheesy but that doesn't stop me from playing into it. He seems to searching for the right words to say but I know he won't find them.

He chooses not to respond to my question, he only wraps his arms around me. I don't hug him back, I feel like I have to take it in. The feeling, the scent, the sight, all of it. I want to vow that this will be the last time I'll ever be near him but the thought of it breaks my heart.

I feel all the regret fill me, all the things I've always wanted to do with him. I should have done more, so much more. How did I damage this so quick, it hasn't even been a year and it's already over? It feels fake, it feels like nothing I felt before. Sadness, disappointment, regret, all bundled into one.

I want to hold onto him forever, but I couldn't even move my arms up to hug him back.

He slowly lets go of me after what feels like an eternity. He smiles softly at me before he plants a kiss on my forehead.

As I watch him leave, I really wish I knew that that was the last time I'd see him for years to come.

THE END

First Chapter Published: December 2015
Last Chapter Published: September 2017