57

PART TWO
CHAPTER 57

It's been two days since that weird guy had threatened to spread another rumor about me. Every time I pass him in the hall, he offers me a smile to which I roll my eyes. The teacher rumors have died down a bit, there are occasional comments by losers who just want to fit in. I never really care though, I guess that's why the rumors died down so quick. I've been too distracted trying to avoid Tia in school that I paid no attention to anything else.

"Oh, I've finally found you." I hear a voice behind me. I turn around and catch sight of her light brown hair and baby blue nails. Well, I guess I failed my only mission.

"Tia, leave me alone." I say to her, it seems she found out how to apply makeup. It sucks that it actually makes her look better. On the other hand, I hadn't worn makeup in a long time but I don't look like a complete wreck like Tia usually does.

"Be glad I'm actually talking to you. You're like the biggest creep in the school." She states with a smirk. Tia's face is full of pride, she wants to me to seem like her actions actually caused me pain.

"Yeah, I don't really care that I'm known as a creep. You care about all these people, maybe that's why you never got the attention from the right people. If you want to continue your gossiping, go ahead." I study her expression, she seems a bit angry but she tries not to show it.

"This was your chance to apologize, and you blew it. I'll make you care, Omera, watch me. Don't come crawling to me when you can't take it anymore." She threatens me, I'm glad the hallways are empty because I didn't need this to be a public conversation. It is the end of the day though, everyone probably left.

I scoff. "Oh shut up, Tia. You're all talk, you can't hurt me because I don't care about you, so everything you do is irrelevant to me." I admit to her. Honestly, I'd say betrayal is the only thing that hurts me to my core, that's why I try not to care for anyone. Spread rumors, sabotage everything I do, steal from me. I'd be annoyed but not hurt.

"We'll see about that." She says with a smirk as she walks past me. She bumps into my shoulder harshly, and I scoff. How cliché.

I begin to walk down the halls as I read my texts from Maci. I still couldn't believe that Dan had quit his job. I didn't sign those papers for no reason, what an idiot. If my actions just got him one extra week then why did I waste my time? I'll never understand that man no matter how many times he explains himself.

Maci: We had a meeting in the morning. Mrs. Wickenburg decided to end the harsh rules and manners classes.
Maci: She's acting really weird
Maci: I decided to be the president again!

How could the rules end after Dan and I had left? That would explain how Maci got her phone back earlier this week. The rules are going away, but why would they? Did she see an improvement in behavior? I doubt it.

Omera: Congrats! You better run the school good, and hit that red head in the student government please!

Before I could ask more about the rules, I walk into the staircase where I'm stopped by that same guy. This time he doesn't offer me only a smile but some words as well.

"There's a party this Saturday. Wanna come with?" He asks me, he looks hopeful. Does he actually think I'll tag along? He's out of his mind.

"I thought you were too busy spreading rumors about me." I push past him and try to go down the stairs.

He grabs my arm. "I'll postponing it for next week, unless you change my mind."

"I have no interest in changing your mind. I told you to do your worst." I shake off his grip. Why does everyone think I care about these rumors? If I did, I would have left the school by now.

"Just come with me to that party and I'll leave you alone." He tries to tempt me once again.

"I'll make you leave me alone, one way or another. Go dance by yourself." I push him away once again. He doesn't seem like he wants to give up yet, so he tries again.

"I'll spread a rumor about Tia for you, whatever you'd like." He states. Why is he so keen on me going to that party? He probably wants to embarrass me there, he and Tia have talked a bit this week. I wouldn't be surprised.

"I could do it myself."

"Yeah, but who would listen to teacher fucker Omera? Everything you try won't work." He warns me with a careless smile.

"Then who cares?" I push past him once again. He sighs as if he has given up, and he doesn't follow me after that.

______

A/N:

I really love all your messages. I get a lot so I apologize if I respond late sometimes. Between wattpad and Instagram, there are a large amount of messages.

Next update is on Tuesday!

-Chloe