77

"Omera..." I hear a voice behind me call out. I turn slowly, recognizing Dan's voice.

I turn my attention to him, wanting to say something but the words won't come out. I was about leave his apartment, but seeing him stand there like I broke his heart makes me stop.

"Omera, don't go. Please hear me out for a second." He pleads a bit as he walks forward.

"What?" I ask in anger as I cross my arms across my chest.

"I love you, I love you so much. Sometimes I feel crazy, because it hasn't even been a year but I feel like I've known you forever. You make me happy, and I just...I don't know what to do anymore. I don't think we can do this anymore." He says as his voice cracks a bit.

"Stop." I say, closing my eyes and urging myself not to cry. This is the second time he's done this, and I don't know if I can take it.

"Omera, I have a son. I have to find a job and raise him. I want to focus on that right now." He walks up to me and grabs ahold of my shoulders. I open my eyes and look him straight into his eyes.

I feel my heart break into a million pieces once again. I promised myself I would never end up this way again and for now I only have myself to blame.

"You are the most selfish person I have ever met." I whisper to him as I shove his hands off me and try walking out.

"Omera, wait." He grabs my shoulder again, but I only turn to yell at him.

"I hate it when people lie straight to my face. Don't talk to me. If you actually felt anything for me in the slightest, you would try to make this work. Euri is there to take care of Tree too, you don't have to cut me out, you just want to get rid of me. Don't lie to me." I shove him away from me.

"Omera stop being so childish." He says in a soft get annoyed tone as he approaches me.

"I'm not childish, you are. From day one you've done things that are reckless, and used me like a toy. How am I childish?" I pose the question to him with anger.

"Omera, try to be an adult and understand why I'm doing th-" He says as a way to calm me down but I've had enough.

"No, I'm always trying to understand. You blame me for your life going wrong but have I ever turned around and blamed you for my troubles? You're doing this for you, not for me so I'm not going to try and understand you." I push him away from me as I try to leave once more.

"You always come back." He calls out after me, he seems to be reassuring himself. I don't even think he wanted me to hear it.

"I've given up, so no. I'm never coming back. Goodbye." I say my final words to him before I open his door and leave.

___

A/N:

I really loved writing this book. I really did.

No, I'm not done writing. I have one more chapter to write though. I will be updating you guys with where I am regarding the chapter and more announcements on Instagram. (@b.ites)

Thank you.

-Chloe