74

"That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."
-Catcher In the Rye

I would say my life is spilt into four different parts. When I was born, graduating high school, graduating college, and the day I met Omera.

All those events started a new way of living but the quickest change is, of course, meeting Omera. It's only been a few months and I wonder where all our time has gone. It's feels like I met her just yesterday but also three years ago, if that makes any sense. It's becoming crazy how fast I keep falling for her, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever stop.

"Omera is a great girl, you're lucky." Euri states as she pats me on the back. Elijah is in Phil's room to see all the stuff he has on top of his drawers.

"Thank you, I've been wondering how your love life has been going as well." I switch the subject to her, it is very awkward talking about Omera to Euri, considering Euri is my past girlfriend.

She sighs. "It isn't a priority to me as of the moment, I'm too invested in Elijah."

"It would seem so, you've raised him to be so polite and fun to be a around." I compliment her hard work, raising a kid is hard work and Euri has done a good job of it. However, I can't help but wonder what it would've been like if I had been there since the very beginning. I probably would've never met Omera or she would've just been another student to me. We wouldn't be whatever we are now.

"Yeah, I talk to him a lot about things, I just wonder if he actually listens and that's made him who he is." She points out.

"What do you talk about?" I ask her with genuine curiosity. Would it be life lessons, things going on in the world, or something more personal? She gives me a little half smile before answering.

"Well, sometimes I talk about my problems, other times it's things that will help him know right from wrong, you know?" She explains as she plays with her nails, one nail has a heart on it which Euri begins to scrape away.

"Yeah, kids are like sponges, they'll suck the information right up and sometimes they'll say things they shouldn't to people they don't know." I give her slight warning about crying to Elijah in a time of need and saying things she doesn't mean. Euri has always been like this, she always needed someone to cry to about what's going on or else she'll end up having a breakdown. I remember she told me that she was young, her younger sister heard everything. When her sister moved out, she began dating and found her outlet for all her problems. I've seen a few myself but I guess the task fell upon Elijah.

"Well, if he's heard, he does a good job of hiding the fact he does." Euri argues back with a slight shrug. She obviously seems very tired but fights the urge.

"Just do what you think is best for Elijah." I decide to drop this subject as well before this becomes her reason to be stressed out.

"Tell me more about how you met Omera." She gladly changes the subject.

"How we met? Well...that's quite a story actually." I try avoiding the subject as much as possible. What would I say? I met her in boarding school where I spanked her and basically had an affair with her behind the school's back.

"Tell me about how you met." Euri requests, I look around for some ideas.

"Omera." I call out to her, after a few moments. I hear the lock click before she comes into sight.

"Yes, what's going on?" She asks.

"Euri is asking about how we met."

She only give me an uncomfortable smile.

_____

A/N:

Sorry for the shortness, I decided too write half the chapter for today and the other half by tomorrow morning.

So the rest of this chapter will be published tomorrow morning.

P.S. LOTTIE YOUR FRIEND EMILY LOVES YOU AND ILY TOO <3