56

PART TWO
CHAPTER 56

"This dinner was wonderful, I especially loved the lasagna." Tia's dad says with a smile. He looks too old to have a teenage daughter, his hair is fully white and his face is full of wrinkles.

"Why thank you, Alex made dinner tonight. He's a very talented cook." My father compliments him.

"Omera doesn't cook?" Tia asks with a raised eyebrow and a smile. It's seems she's trying to find a way to insult me.

"No, not often." My mother answers as she takes a bite of the lasagna herself.

"What a shame, I didn't know Omera can't cook anything. You know last year I cooked-" Tia begins to pathetically promote herself.

"No one cares." I cut her off. My brother giggles, but quickly silences himself.

"Omera. How rude. Apologize." My mom orders me. My instinct is to just throw out another insult but the minute I see my mother's narrow eyes, I decide otherwise. It was my mother's decision to send me to boarding school, who knows if she'll just do her worse now?

"Sorry, I do care." I spit out. As much I didn't want to, I had to. I wouldn't want to go to military or to my grandma's house across the country.

Tia looks as if she would ask for more but her father cuts her off. "I heard Omera goes to a public school nearby. I don't understand, Cheri, why send these young minds to a lower ranked public school?"

"Well, I think it's best not to spoil kids. Omera tends to behave better when she sees people less fortunate than her." My mom lies through her teeth. The truth was that I don't do well in school and my mom didn't want to waste money on me. She wants me to marry one of her rich friend's son and be a house wife.

"Fair point, that's why Tia has been attending that school as well."

What?

"Attending? For how long?" I question him quickly. He looks a bit alarmed at my tone but answers anyways.

"Well, for a few weeks now." He states with a nod.

A few weeks? How? She was at Gwen Allen's but then again she had been missing recently. Oh god, if she has been attending, she's probably the one who spread those rumors. The look on her face, that little smirk, it says it all.

"I'm not hungry anymore."

--

"Hey, crazy." A voice says behind me. I close my locker and turn around with a look of anger. It's that guy from yesterday, the one I had threw the notebook at.

"You got me in trouble." I point my finger at him, I brush my hair out of the way.

"You assaulted me, be glad I didn't charge a rich girl like yourself." He says as he slaps my finger aside and begins to walk away, I have too much pride to stay quiet plus I'm a bit frustrated.

"You were harassing me." I walk after him.

"I follow trends." He shrugs.

"Calling me names isn't a trend." I argue back, I don't even know why I'm arguing with him. I take a moment to study him, blue ripped jeans and a plain back sweatshirt with a little scruff on his face.

"Well, I hear bullying is in. However, you did fuck a teacher, I'm just pointing out facts." He says as he stops in his tracks and taps my nose.

"Oh shut up." I shove him and walk away. Why am I wasting time with him? I had to get to first period anyways.

"See? You're assaulting me again." He points out to me. I turn around again and look at him.

"What are you going to so then? Sue me? Go ahead, my mom's a rich lawyer." I state as I roll my eyes. Well, I don't show off often but he just pisses me off with his smug look.

"I might just spread a new rumor." He rubs his chin as he smiles.

"Do your worst." I roll my eyes.

"I will." He nods as he walks off. What's the worst he could do anyways? I don't care, plus I might just get even if he does make a rumor. Him and Tia, they'll get what's coming to them.

Maci: I think Mr. Howell quit

____

A/N:

67.93578% edited

Thank you for reading.

Thanks for all the kind messages on insta and wattpad. Unfortunately, the days I write I don't reply as often. I enjoy talking, and giving writing advice. Thank you!

Next update is in three days! So around Sunday night.

-Chloe