25

I hate them.

The bus ride just consisted of Gregory trying to flirt with me. To which I responded with a lot of profanity and violence. Towards the end he kind of gave up, and started talking to me about the camp. I just ignored him and read what Maci had sent me. It consisted of two texts.

Maci: Oooo this is exciting. I'm going to watch them and send you notes like a spy!!! Omg I'm excited!!! I won't let you down!!

Maci: Mrs. Wickenburg told me to put my phone away :( I let you down

So obviously, I have no idea what Tia was attempting on the bus with Mr. Howell, or any of Maci's information on Tia. We arrive at the camp, and I get up from my seat and push past Mr. Terry.

Omera: Maci stay safe from these fuckboys. Where are you?

I sigh as I wait outside of the bus, and spot the bus I was supposed to be on. I walk over and feel my phone buzz.

Maci: what is that? My mom told me not to curse because it will make your breath smell.

I furrow my eyebrows at the text, what is she talking about. That sounds like a thing people say to children. Maci is very child-like, I suppose.

Omera: wtf just tell me where you are

Maci: i see you, you look so mad uh oh.

I glance up and see Maci waving, right next to her is her suitcase and my own. I walk over to her and give her a quick hug.

"You're so weird, Mace." I giggle as she blushes.

"Tracy told me they make gummy bears have toes in Texas. That's the real weird thing." She argues back.

"I don't think that's true..." I trail, suppressing a laugh.

"Look who's coming." Maci whispers as she glances behind me. I look around and see Tia approach with one of her suitcases.

"That bus ride was the best." Tia claims with excitement. I almost want to punch her because she was probably cuddling up to Mr. Howell.

I need to stop being so clingy, so what if she's trying to get with him? He likes me, not her.

"How so?" I question with a fake smile.

"I sat with Mr. Howell, isn't he the cutest?He said he likes my hair." She sighs in happiness. I stare at her short light brown hair, it contrasts my completely long black hair. Should I cut my hair short like hers?

No. My hair looks fine. Get it together.

"You've always like him, right Tia?" Maci point out, shoving my side a bit as she says it.

"Yes, I've been trying since freshmen year to get his attention. I feel like I finally have it, I think he likes me as much as I like-" Tia rambles on but I cut her off.

"Let's not get silly." I laugh as I say it, trying to mask my murderous feelings towards her. I almost tell her about all the times my lips were on his, but I don't want her broken heart to swear revenge on us.

"I'm not being silly, I'm going to try my best to get with him. I finally got the experience I need." She happily claims.

"Wait...what do you mean 'experience?'" I question as I look her up and down. There's no way she means-