64

CHAPTER 64
OMERA W.

Meeting Dan shouldn't be an event I'm nervous for. Yet, here I am trembling in my boots. I decided it would be the safe that no one drive me here, I can't have anyone learning my plans. Except rumor boy that is.

"Why don't you explain your little plan while I drive you to this place?" He questions me.

"I don't want to tell you...what's your name?" I realize I've just been referring to him as rumor boy this whole time. How odd.

"Tell me your plan and I'll tell you my name." He negotiates.

I laugh. "My genius plan for your little name? No thanks."

"You're a bit too full of yourself, do you know that?" He sarcastically asks me, this is the first time he actually tried to insult me but I wont let him have the satisfaction.

"Not everyone is as insecure and weak-minded like you. Throw out your best insult if you want, you can't break a strong mind like mine." I smirk as I let the words pass my lips.

"Your strong mind has a weak heart." He points out with a little chuckle. It seems that he ignored the first part of what I said, I would too if I were him.

"What does that mean?" I ask with genuine curiosity.

"Let me say it like this. Pretend you're a country with only two entrances. Your brain and your heart. Your country, of course, has an army like most countries do.

"If I saw your mind is really strong, that means all your guards are up there. The army, tanks, guns, everything. So, from my perspective, if all the guards are there, why waste time trying to break it? I could just break the heart, you won't expect after all." He explains to me with a shrug.

"I won't expect it?" I scoff.

"Well, if you did expect it. Wouldn't your guards be down there too?" He argues back. I know exactly what he's trying to say but no one could blame me for trying to defend myself.

"They are."

"Your mind and heart can't both be strong. It can for some people, but you're not that person." He shakes his head.

"Yes I am." I argue.

"No, you're not at all. You're more of an offense person than defense. You could run your mouth and hurt people all day, but the most important part of war is to keep yourself safe. You fail to do that. The fact you're even trusting me enough to tell me you have a plan to get back at Tia and the fact that you're making me drive you somewhere important shows how you aren't careful at all. Do you even remember that Tia and I are good friends?" He says as he slows down the car and parks right in front of Dan's apartment building.

"Well, if you are going to run your mouth to Tia. Tell her I'm a bit too busy living her dreams, since she can't achieve them herself." I spit in anger as I turn to leave.

"I know what happened between you two. Have you ever stopped to wonder that maybe you're being the big bitch here and not her?" He stops me from leaving.

"How so?" I roll my eyes as I wait for his explanation.

"You just stole the person she loved just because you didn't like her. Isn't that a bitchy thing to do?" He looks at me as if he's telling me something that would make me realize he's right.

"Honestly, you could believe the bullshit Tia blabs on about or listen to the truth right now. I had him before I even knew who she was, I didn't make some master plan to seduce him just so I could hurt her poor little feelings. I wanted him, and I got what I wanted. I'm sorry that she couldn't do the same, even after three years." I calmly speak with mock concern. I thought I set it straight at camp to her face, yet she still makes up stories to tell her friends.

"She was your friend and you just hurt her." He shakes his head as his eyes flicker with anger. It's not the type of anger that I would feel if someone hurt Maci. No, I would be this angry if someone hurt Dan.

"Oh my god, you must have a crush on her." I point out, I'll be sure of his feelings after I see his expression. His eyes soften a bit but he quickly shakes his head.

"No, she's my friend." He denies.

"Poor you." I pout sarcastically. I can't help but feel pity for a boy who actually likes Tia, no wonder he's such an idiot.

I sigh. "Well, here's a bit of advice I wish Tia used. If you want someone, go get them. Don't wait around until someone else does." I laugh a bit as I say it. "If Tia did that, she would have the guy of her dreams and I wouldn't. Do you want to end up like her?" I question.

He sits in silence as he tries to comprehend my words. I decide to leave him in his own thoughts and just go attend to my own business. I slam the car door shut behind me and enter the building. As the door shuts behind me, I turn to see that rumor boy had drove off.

I do admit, I'm an idiot for telling him I even had a plan. If he's so in love with her, he's going to try to prevent it since he doesn't want to see her hurt. Using Dan against her is going to be a problem if rumor boy actually takes my advice.

Damn, I should have told him that waiting is the best thing. However, knowing that Tia is still madly in love with Dan, she would ignore rumor boy in an instant. I hold onto this hope I walk through the apartment building.

______

A/N:

I will be working on creating a new update schedule and will announce by the next update.

Next update is on Sunday! Enjoy your weekend <3

-Chloe