41

"Let the meeting start." Mrs. Wickenburg declares as I scan the group of girls at the table. Student government has to be on my free period, didn't it? I'd rather be here than be punished for looking at that girl's file though. I wouldn't let Ms. Lilian win, although she isn't as rude before, she seemed pretty set on getting me punished. I wouldn't allow that.

"After my own judgement based mainly on problem solving abilities and determination in this individual, I have realized she is a natural born leader who is very honest. So, I have handpicked Omera Williams to be our president." She announces.

Her compliments just make me feel guilty. I am not honest, back at camp I lied about what Tia snitched about. I took the blame so Mrs. Wickenburg wouldn't find out what was going on between Dan and I.

His name gets me light headed.

"Ms. Williams, say a few words on what you will do for this school." The principal motions for me to speak.

I clear my throat. "Uh...I'll try making more trips? Yeah, those are fun, and I don't think I can do much without being severely abused so just to be safe I'm going to stop here." I nod towards the members of the student government who stare at me with distaste.

"You guys are free to get rid of me. I don't object." I add as the look continue.

"Nonsense. Only I can get rid of members." Mrs. Wickenburg cuts in.

"How will you try to get money for these trips you want to plan?" One girl cuts in, looking at me with annoyance.

"I'm not sure but I think we can come up with something." I reply with a shrug.

"I don't think she's fit to be our president."

"What the heck? It's my first day, chill." I look at the redhead with confusion.

Why do they hate me? What have I done?

"What kind of language is that? You're such public school trash." She scoffs.

Do I have a reputation or something? How come everyone I meet seems to hate me and bring up the fact I used to attend public school?

"Can you lock her in the attic and never let her out, please? She's very rude." I sarcastically request Mrs. Wickenburg who only smiles at me and nods.

"Of course, if that is what'd you like." She agrees as she orders on of the school's security guards to take her.

Woah woah woah wait.

She actually listened to me? Why is she praising me and basically taking orders from me? Nothing about this makes sense and I have a feeling that she wants something in return.

"No, it's fine..." I trail as she girl fights off the guard. The guard looks at the principal for permission before letting her go.

"Do not disrespect your superior, Ms. McCarthy." She orders the redhead.

I don't like the sound of that.

--

The rest of the day was weirder. Mrs. Wickenburg let me skip geometry class, she had slid a pass to me at lunch. I took advantage of it, not caring if it were a test of some sort.

"Omera?" I hear a sound behind me as I read one of the essays on the bulletin board for one of history.

I turn and catch sight of Dan. "What? You want to get sucked off or something?" I question him as I continue reading the essay.

"No?" He seems confused as he takes in what I said. "Why aren't you in class?"

I don't glance at him as I slide him my pass, I didn't even want to look. I know I'll swoon or something, so I just keep my focus on the well written essay.

"Why have you been given a period off?" He seems a bit confused.

"I did it for you, baby." I say, continuing my teasing.

"Omera..." He trails.

"Okay, I honestly don't know. She just gave it to me." I shrug.

"Hm, weird." He says as he hands my pass back. "I wanted to ask you something crazy."

I furrow my eyebrows. "How crazy?"

"I just wanted to ask if you'd like to go out on Saturday. My friend invited me to his restaurant and wanted me to bring someone." He shrugs carelessly, making sure to keep his voice low.

I consider it. "I'll be skinned alive."

"Nine is curfew, we'll sneak out." He suggests.

I wink. "You're becoming quite rebellious, aren't you?"

"Omera..." He can't help but smile this time.

"I love your smile." I compliment as I finally tear my eyes away from the bulletin board.

He seems a bit surprised. "Thank you."

"I love your lips as well."

"Thank you, Omera."

"You're cute in general, but you're stupid cute. You get it?" I try explaining to him. He seems like he wants to laugh but doesn't.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I'm probably just horny or something. Anyways, I'll see you on Saturday." I wave him off. I turn to walk away, leaving him quite taken aback at my response.

He's so cute. I feel so childish and I love it.

____

A/N:

Oh man, this is horrible. I'll try redeeming myself with another update tomorrow or after tomorrow. I'm not sure. I'm trying to get me a man too, however cutie wants to focus on studying.

Forgive me, my schedule has been packed and I always collapse after finishing my work. I'll my absolute best to write chapter but I have a quick question.

A really long update once a week, or two short updates every week?