17

I guess I made one more enemy.

After class, Mr. Howell told me to meet him during free period again since he has another class. I spent the rest of the day counting down until then so I could talk to him alone.

"He called you again? I'm starting to think you get in trouble on purpose. You must love going to his class." Maci says with a suggestive smile.

"My absences say otherwise. I keep skipping his classes and he wants to yell at me about it. Totally romantic if you ask me." I sarcastically reply to her hinting.

She pouts. "Don't skip class, Omera. Education is important."

"I know." I dismiss her quickly. I plant a quick kiss to her cheek as I run off. I hear her giggle as she wishes me good luck. I'm almost to his class when I bump into a familiar figure.

"Omera I-"

"Save it, Zola." I cut her off as I approach Mr. Howell's room. I'm an inch away before she grabs my shoulder and makes me face her.

"I'm sorry about what happened." Zola apologizes but I roll my eyes.

"You let that idiot slap me, Zola. You did nothing about it." I argue to her, I hear Mr. Howell's door open.

"See you around." Zola nods at me as she walks off at the sound of the door opening. I whip around to face him, and see him staring at me intently.

"Come in." He says. I immediately follow him inside his class and shut the door for him. "Omera I want you to know that I did overhear what you said outside."

"Yes, I snuck out of the school to the boys boarding school and some stupid kid slapped me. Is that what you wanted to hear?" I spill to him. His mouth hangs a bit in disbelief, I walk over to him and wait for him to speak.

He clears his throat. "I'm..." He trails as I lay my hands on his chest. He looks at me as I stare at the material of his shirt.

"We shouldn't be doing this." He says pushing me away.

"Why do you keep doing that?" I groan in frustration.

"Ms. Williams, we're here to talk about your lack of work in my class." He says as grabs my notebook from his desk.

"This isn't the first meeting I had about work. I'm repeating geometry after all." I sigh looking at my nails. There are no nail salons nearby, even if there were I couldn't go to one without getting yelled at.

"If you keep up this behavior we have no choice but to not let you attend the Autumn Welcome." He says.

"I'll be long gone before that, but for you I'll try my best." I shoot a small smile his way.

"Ms. Williams..." He trails.

"If you stop calling me that atrocious name then I'll stop flirting with you." I negotiate as I lean against the desk.

I suddenly feel him closer to me, he places his hands on the desk behind me which causes him to press up against my small frame. My breath hitches as he looks into my eyes and bites his lip.

"I quite like it actually." He admits with a smirk.