44

"Well honestly, she wasn't as important. I saw her around sometimes. She just seemed sad all the time, like a piece of unpopped popcorn. Does that make sense?" She questions but I don't respond, only waiting for her to continue. "Well, she seemed to always go to Mr. Howell whenever she had a problem or even when she didn't. I think they were really close friends...maybe more. I didn't get to talk to her much, every time I did she seemed so stressed about something. I don't think a lot of people realized she disappeared....I don't even remember when she left."

I look around Maci's dorm, it's my first time here. Usually she comes over to my dorm because her roommate was always doing homework in here.

I think back to Alissa, It was mind boggling, that girl seemed like a nut job. Maybe Mr. Howell had more information on her but how would I ask? Assuming that they did have something going on, he would never tell me. He'd be more concerned about how I found out. I'd seem like the crazy one then.

"What do you think got her so stressed?" I question Maci.

"Well her mother was a lawyer so maybe-" Maci starts to say but I furrow my eyebrows.

"My mother is also a lawyer. I'm not stressed." I refute.

She looks at me. "You both have a lot in common."

"What? No, we don't." I shake my head, I didn't want anything to do with this girl. Even though I don't know her, the fact that she might have had a thing with Mr. Howell makes me undeniable jealous.

"Okay..." Maci gives up straight away, she looks down at her floral bed sheet.

"Maci, is there something on your mind?" I question her. She seems a bit distracted lately, she wouldn't speak as much. Plus, I'm always talking about myself.

She looks at me nervously. "Yeah, kinda but it's not important."

"Come on Maci, tell me." I place my hand on her leg and shove her.

She pauses. "I think I like someone, but I don't know if I should tell them."

"Who is he?" I say in a bit of excitement. She blushes slightly as a smile appears on her face.

She shrugs. "It doesn't matter, but I don't think I have a chance."

"Why not?" I furrow my eyebrows. Maci is attractive, I'm not going to lie. Her smile is one I'm completely envious of.

"It's complicated." She states. How could it be complicated? Well, it could be a few things, she probably doesn't want to disturb some part of him.

"Is he in a relationship?"

She looks a bit sadden. "Yeah, I think so. It's on and off I'm assuming."

There are no guys at our school so I automatically assume she met someone during camp or something. What other guy could she like?

"Maci, you need to go and tell him how you feel before it's too late. Maybe at the next dance." I suggest, since this school has been getting closer to Morrison Boarding School it's obvious the dance will be shared. As the new president, I'll make sure of it.

"How will I confess? The person is in a relationship." She pouts.

"You said it was on and off, get him during the off period." I shoot her a quick wink.

"Okay, but you'll help me, right?"

I nod, offering her a bright smile.

--

"Omera, what chemical in marijuana makes it addictive?" Mr. Howell shoots the question my way. I snap out of my daydream of him and look up in panic. Addictive chemical? I only know one.

"Nicotine?" I respond unsure.

"That is wrong, what has gotten you so distracted?" He raises an eyebrow in my direction.

"Just...nothing Sir." I shake my head as I scribble down my name on my paper.

"Well, start paying attention, there's a quiz tomorrow. Ms. Banks, can you answer my question?" He looks at the girl in the back.

"THC, Sir." She answers.

"Correct." 

I begin to think of what would happen after tomorrow. Mr. Howell did invite me to come go to his friend's restaurant, what would I wear? How would I sneak out since the security has gotten better? 

I stare at him, instead of an all black appearance, he swapped his black button up for a navy blue t-shirt that looked even more hotter on him. He glances at me as if he felt my stare, I drop my eye in a wink.

"Omera, give me a reason people use drugs." He points me out again.

"Because they want to." I answer quickly.

"That was stated earlier by Ms. Jones. Stay after class." He demands with a small smirk.

"Yes, Sir." I quietly respond.

_______

A/N:

This took too damn long, sorry for his short it is. There were two other versions of this chapter, since I am experiencing writer's block. I know what needs to happen in this book, I just didn't know how to transition or how to even begin writing. It's more writer's confusion of anything.

Anyways, thank you for all your positivity. I'm so surprised at how much care and live I received from you guys. Despite you not knowing exactly what happened you still made me happier, as if you knew everything. It felt so comforting. Thank you.

The next update will hopefully be after tomorrow. I'm hoping I don't have horrible writer's block.