47

Growing up too fast. Was he right? I look at everyone grabbing some champagne, I was offered some earlier but Dan had refused for me.

"I'm really going to miss this place." Phil sadly confesses to Dan and I. I'm tempted to grab the champagne from his hand and take a sip. Just so I feel like I belong here, like an adult.

"Why are you even shutting it down? Why not do a whole...what's the word?" I shut my eyes, trying to focus.

"What?" Dan looks at me as I try figuring out the word.

"Renovation." I say, Phil immediately shakes his head.

"It wouldn't work. Or it's too much to risk rather." He explains as he glances at me playing with my fingers, he smiles slightly.

I stop playing with my fingers. "If you love your restaurant so much, why not take that risk?"

"Well the risk is too big." He shrugs.

"Omera, would you like something to drink?" Dan asks when a silence falls over us.

"There's nothing but alcohol being served." I point out, motioning to the table with only bottles of all different kinds of alcohol.

"Actually there's some juices in the kitchen, would you like some?" Phil asks me, he seems to be quite interested in me all of a sudden.

"Yeah, that would be great." I smile politely.

"Phil, the bathroom door got jammed again." Someone calls out to him from the side of the restaurant.

He smiles apologetically. "You both go ahead, I'll be there in a second." He promises as he walks off.

Dan pulls me along with him urgently, walking through the door to the kitchen and slamming it shut behind us. I watch the man with tattoos just sit alone, what was his name? I never did get it.

"We need to talk." He states with a bit of hostility.

"About?"

"It's just..." He pauses as he tries collecting his thoughts.

"This isn't about you thinking we shouldn't be together, isn't it?" I sigh in annoyance. I hop up on the counter as he moves to make me a drink.

"It's not that, I just don't know how to approach it without confusing you." He explains, his back is to me and I don't know if it's because of the drink or because he didn't want to look me in the eyes.

"Just tell me, I'll understand." I promise, more curious now.

"Well, I get worried sometimes. I don't want you be influenced by the wrong people. I just want you to live life the the best, you might have realized this." He finishes making my drink, handing it to me. I peer into it, a mixture of yellow and pinks mixed, it looks too pretty to disturb.

"You sound more like my dad than anything, is that how all older people are?" I shrug. He laughs slightly, handing me a bendy straw.

"I can't speak on behalf of all older people. That's just how I am, I want the best for you. Don't forget that." He softly states, grabbing my hand.

"You seem bothered." I point out.

"I'm just going to say it okay-" He closes his eyes, hoping for the best.

The door opens to the kitchen and Phil casually walks in. "I see you've made yourselves comfortable."

Horrible. Timing.

I hop off the counter. "It was hard not to."

"I know, it is quite relaxing in here." He glances around with a small smile.

"It is, did you design it?" I try engaging in a conversation with him. Especially since he is one of Dan's friends, I'm trying to give myself a good reputation.

His eyes light up. "Yeah, it was the first room I designed actually, and it was all on my own."

Dan grabs my hand. "No, I helped." He protests.

"You helped me find the paintings." Phil clarifies.

"So I did help."

I giggle at the scene.

--

"What time is it?" I yawn, clinging to Dan as we walk back to the school. He checks his phone quickly.

"Four in the morning." He states.

"What?" I groan. "I have to start getting ready for school in two hours."

"Tomorrow is Sunday, you don't have to get up." Dan points out.

"I still have breakfast." I sleepily state.

"Don't go to it. Sleep in." He tries holding me up. I haven't been up so late in a long time, my body has grown used to going to sleep at around ten at night. I don't know how I'm going to be able to make it back to my room.

"I'm going to be locked in the attic." I pout.

"We're back. You have to make it to your room." He tries getting me to stand up.

"If you would have given me some of that champagne I would have been more upbeat." I fall back into his arms. He was so warm, does he have a heater inside him?

"You'd probably be even more sleepy if I had done that." He tries convincing me.

"Or you could have given me a blunt or something." I yawn again. He laughs a little before guiding me to the back door of the school. He fishes out his keys and unlocks the door with ease.

"Let's just make it to your room and get you in your bed, okay?" He asks, I only nod sleepily.

"Okay."

_______

A/N:

56.393% edited

I'm a day and a half late, I need to get it together. I am trying my best guys, however it is very hard to transition for me. I am not the best author, or in any way professional, so I don't really know about this whole thing.

I am ending the whole schedule thing I have going on and just update when I am done writing. Just so I don't rush myself and ruin the chapter. Honestly, that is what I have been doing lately as you have noticed.

Thank you for putting up with it and feeling any type of concern for me, I love you all.