24

I shrug. "Oh, cool. See you around."

Today was the day, the day I go into the woods and completely embarrass myself. I decided not to wear the uniform, instead I dressed casually in a olive green shirt and black jeans, not to mention a cap to hide my face. I didn't think today was a day for confrontation, at least that's what my horoscope said.

I drag my suitcase behind me as I talk to Maci, she's excited for the whole trip. She even attended the meeting where they discuss what happens in each event. On the other hand, I'm a bit tired because I was worrying about Mr. Howell's decision all night. Do I approach him or does he approach me?

"Hey Maci, Omera." Tia greets as she walks up to us with a proud smirk. What has she done to make her look so happy? This isn't even a regular smile.

"Tia? Where have you been?" Maci looks a bit shocked as she hugs Tia.

"Oh just had some family business to attend to." Tia waves it off, she gives me a smile. "And you, Omera?"

"What about me?" I question her. Something strange is going on with her and I feel like it concerns me by the way she keeps looking at me.

"How are you?" She clarifies.

"Fine..." I trail looking at her with narrowed eyes. I see Mr. Howell finally exit the building, and Tia's eyes also focus on him.

"Oh excuse me, I have to go ask Mr. Howell something." She excuses her quickly, she walks over to where he stood. I can't help the jealousy that boils inside me.

"Bïtch." I mutter under my breath.

Maci ignores my comment. "There's something off about her."

"Are you guys friends or something?" I curiously ask her. From the way they talked and hugged, I assume they have some sort of friendship.

"Yeah, she was apart of my friend group last year." Maci explains. What? Maci had a group of friends? I have not seen her with anyone this year besides me. Before I could ask Mrs. Wickenburg calls for silence.

"Everyone on the bus. Sophomores on bus one, juniors on bus two, and Seniors on bus three." Mrs. Wickenburg announces. I peer over to where Tia and Mr. Howell stood, he casually stood with his hands in his pocket. After the announcement he turns to Tia and says something to her before they both walk towards the Senior bus.

"Maci, I'm about to kill someone." I whisper to her, clenching my fists. I need an outlet for my jealousy and maybe Maci would understand.

She looks over to where I'm looking. "That's what I wanted to tell you, Tia has-" Maci says quickly, but sadly we're cut off.

"Ms. Williams, where is your uniform?" Mrs. Wickenburg screeches as she comes closer.

"You don't expect me to enter a camp ground in a white shirt and a plaid skirt." I point out, she considers my statement but shakes her head.

"It was written as a rule for all students attending the trip."  She argues back.

"Are you going to leave me behind now?" I ask trying not to sound excited. I'd much rather to stay here, but I do need to find out what Mr. Howell decides.

"No, as punishment..." She looks around so an idea would spark. "You must get on the bus with Morrison boarding school instead." She smiles evilly.

Oh my god, lord help me right now. I need to see what Tia does with Mr. Howell on the bus and hear what Maci has to say about Tia. Plus, I don't want to sit with those boarding school boys.