Chapter:33 Vanish

Chapter:33 Vanish
**************************************************************************
(Alex's P.O.V.)

I felt something warm and hard underneath me , and shivered from the crisp coolness and snuggled deeper into my pillow on the edge of consciousness as I stirred slightly. As i snuggled back into the warmth I felt it tense underneath me and felt it relax again but didn't miss the funny grumbly sound that was made . I stirred more and began to hear light voices around me , multiple murmurs and immediately recognised the voices and I was now fully awake , but laid still never once opening my eyes as I listened to the voices .

" What I would like to know gentlemen is why on earth did you allow Ms. Clarke to continue the race? "

a sharp crisp voice demanded and I had trouble not flinching by the sharpness in his tone but immediately knew who it belonged to , Mr. Grey.

" My Angel was fine , I was sure she was..." I heard someone murmur to themselves and knew it was Ryder and heard him from across the room as well as another voice.

" We don't know what happened exactly at all, one minute she she was running and the next she was down..."

I heard Aidan say quietly and I heard a sigh and tried to hide the surprise and shock that wanted to crawl its way onto my face as soon as this sound came from the immaculate man of perfection , Mr. Grey. I shifted slightly guilt taking over for listening into conversations that I shouldn't hear and ones that I was not personally included in , and decided to make my waking up known as I shifted on what I assume to be a bed , and opened my eyes weakly pulling myself up my head pounding . Six pair of eyes stared back at me as and I felt my face heat as I quickly kept my gaze down , looking anywhere but at them afraid they'd see the truth behind what had just happened . And I wasn't ready to tell them , heck I wasn't ready to acknowledge or dwell in that particular unwanted past memory myself .Dr. Drake was the first to speak his familiar cheerful tone oddly soothing to hear .

" Well if it isn't sleeping beauty herself, how are you feeling Ms. Alex? "

Dr. Drake asked me softly , but his tone was flirty as he winked at me which only made my face heat more , and I went to smile back at the kind doctor but a sudden grimace surged through me as my head pounded painfully harder , the sudden surfacing of the past memory too much that I hadn't been able to cope after it . After all these years I had been trying to bury and bottle them away , more than willing to lock them away forever and never revisit them or think ago them ever again , but fate had a different idea for me which I had just found out came with painful consequences. My chest tightened with pain as my guards faltered as my mind flashed with slight brief flashbacks , the pain of seeing Valentines once lively honey coloured eyes , and seeing the little boy who seemed so dark , cold and silent slowly warm up to a poor , dirty little girl who wanted nothing other in life than to be normal , like all the other kids . Flashes of Valentine fighting for me , flashes of him now laying lifeless in the same hospital bed for nearly a year and a half left for dead now because of dance behind my eyes , haunting me with the painful truth that I may never get to see those protective honey coloured eyes of his , or having him living his dreams or breathing ever again , or having his insanely strong arms wrapped around me protectively as he saves me once again from the brink of death.

I brought back by shouting and hands violently shaking my shoulders which I flinch from and meet a pair of steel grey eyes that have now turned hard and desperate as they stare back at me.

" Mr. Grey? "

I murmur shakily breathing in , seeing slight worry slip past his guards but as soon as I blinked at him and spoke I saw relief fill his eyes as he relaxed taking his hands immediately off of me as if I'd burnt him , before stepping back his guards back in place as well as his steady blank inquisitive mask as his critical eyes peer back at me .