Chapter:42 Questions

**************************************************************************
(Ally's P.O.V.)

After Harry pulled Dr. Drake outside , and came back in only seconds later , Dr. Drake looking a bit pale and sick , but he quickly dismissed us , after checking my vitals , which had proved to be difficult since Valentine refused to relinquish his almost painfully tight hold on me and the twins who had managed to have fallen asleep in my lap in valentines lap.

Dr. Drake had started protesting , but one look from Valentine and he silently got to work , and I felt awful for treating him like this , and not saying otherwise , but I couldn't move , to weak and drained still , but most of all stressed from how close I had came to losing my three munchkins .

After being approved of a clean bill of health , Harry quickly packed up a bag pack I hadn't seen before , and I went to shift the twins off my lap , but Harry had that sorted out already , slinging the full bag pack over his back before picking up a fast asleep Sam , whilst East carried another asleep Hunter in his arms , looking tired after all of this but looked to be back to ignoring me , but not as much as before , occasionally sending me a worried glance in Val's arms .

Feeling my eyelids droop, I gave into a light sleep, slightly aware of my surroundings , and the gentle jostle of Val walking gracefully underneath me , each gentle rock like a soft lullaby to me , as I was wrapped up in the familiar warmth and scent of Val. Just like what we did when we were children.

I felt Val slide into what I assume to be Harry's truck , and heard the door shut closed with a soft bang , Val never moving me off of his lap, and the sound of buckles sounded , before the sound of Harry's old truck being turned on was heard , and the gentle pull of the truck underneath us was felt as it moved .

I heard the soft murmur of Harry , and strained my ears , half listening to the conversation , whilst the other half of me was slowly drifting asleep.

"-is little thief asleep? "

Harry asked Valentine quietly, and I felt Val's eyes look down at me , before his hand drifted down and gently stroked my cheek with his thumb, softly brushing a strand of my hair back.

"Yes.So are those three boys."

Val said just as quietly back , but there was a softness in his voice as he continued gently stroking my cheek , the feather soft caressing movement making me sleepier by every stroke.

"Good. Now tell me son, what was going on back there? "

Harry demanded , keeping his voice quiet as if not to wake us , but I heard suspicion in his voice, as well as something else , as if he was trying to figure out something. I frowned softly in my half sleep , confused , but the frown softened away as Val stroked the creases from my forehead gently, as if trying to rid them, and it worked .

" What do you mean, padre? (Father.)"

I heard Val whisper from underneath me , his tone slightly questioning but mostly confused.

" I mean you not letting her go, keeping her and the two twins in your lap, like you are holding her now , always near her or touching her no matter what. You're friends still , no? "

Harry asked , his tone hard and suspicious, and I felt Val tense underneath me , and shifted in his tight arms that tightened around me , before settling back in his arms again, shifting closer to his chest , as it was the only warmth in the freezing confines of the truck. I felt Val relax underneath me , and a funny sound come from him but he didn't speak , so I guessed I imagined it.

" Yes. "

was all he said , and my head continued to swirl in confusion, and sleep was starting to tug at me .