♬ Thirty Eight ♬

Comment of the day !

gramps just died today so I feel bad for Kate cause no one deserves to die but you might have a different thought on it

jojonono33678

So sweet, she's correct no one deserves to die even if it's someone like Kate

Except Hitler
*

I feel like such an insomniac.

I couldn't sleep at all. Kate's funeral was a while ago, and I felt too guilty to go. But I watched from the trees instead.

They did an open casket, giving everyone one last look at Kate. Her skin was pale, lifeless, and her lips that once screamed profanities yet smiled on good days, were now shut closed for good.

After the funeral, I saw Dan stand around her grave for a while, with what I believed was a letter in his hand. Kate's mom gave it to him, but they exchanged it so quickly I couldn't tell what they said or if it was even good.

Dan stayed at his late girlfriend's grave for a good hour or so, crying and speaking sweet nothings to her grave. Because it was so quiet, I heard every now and then "it should've been me" and "I love you so much Kate."

But after that Dan saw me, and asked what I was doing. I told half a lie and half a truth, saying I came to visit Kate. And then, that's when I got it.

The letter that was now in my hand, a letter that Kate had wasted her last breath on. She wrote a letter to me, but why? She hated me. She wanted my true identity exposed and all she wanted to ever do was ruin my life.

I was hesitant to open it, yet I knew if I didn't it would be very disrespectful and I'd forget all about it later on. So I had three cups of coffee, ready for the tears if she was writing some last minute insults she never got to say.

With that, I looked at the handwriting on it.

To: Zoe Banner
From: Kaitlin Blaire Morales

"Okay, deep breaths Zoe.. You can do it. It's just a letter. I'm sure it's just one big word that says 'loser' on it anyway. And I'm sure she still spelled it with a z anyway." I muttered, grabbing a pen and ripping the flab open. I pulled out the paper, slowly unfolding it to see a full on letter.

So many insults, so little time.

Dear Zoe,

Yes, you're really reading something that I wrote for you. No, you are not hallucinating.

I am very much aware of the fact that you will probs never read this. Yet here I am, wasting the last of my energy my body can endure to write you this letter.

I know I'm going to die. I knew it from the moment I woke up in this hospital. So I have decided to go ahead and apologize for everything. All the times I've beat you up, broken your glasses, and really just for making your life hell.

What? She's apologizing? Why? Is this some kind of prank?

Now I know what you're probably thinking: This bitch is so fake. Just hear me out, okay?