♬ Fifty Two ( Part One ) ♬

Here lies Kaitlin Blaire Morales
Beloved daughter
October 1997 - December 2016

Here lies Kaitlin Blaire MoralesBeloved daughterOctober 1997 - December 2016

I laid the flowers atop of the gravestone, then sat down criss-cross. I cleared my throat scratching my neck, "Uh.. Hi Kaitlin."

It was silent. What was I doing? I shouldn't be here.

"I came to visit you. I'm sorry I missed your funeral, I just felt so guilty.. I feel like I was the one who killed you. Even though.. I'm not right?" Silence. "Daniel's okay.. He copped well with your death. Ned helped him through it, I didn't really do much."

I ran my finger over the picture embedded into her tombstone, frowning, "I'm so sorry."

The wind blew, and I shivered. "You deserve to be alive. You were a good person. Despite all the wrongs you've done. Everyone's done wrongs in their lives, I mean.. Look at me! I'm a quote on quote 'good girl' and I'm still doing wrong things."

I looked around me, seeing a whole bunch of people staring at me. "Kate, people are staring."

Nothing happened, no shock. But they did suddenly stop staring and went about their business. "I uh.. I forgive you, Kate. For everything."

I stopped, looking at her name on the tombstone. "I hope you don't mind if I call you Kaitlin." I pushed hair behind my ear, "I uh.. I told everyone my secret. Zoella's dead. But really, she died when you died."

I heard footsteps behind me, and I turned immediately, seeing black jeans. When I looked up, I saw Louis.

"Hey." He cleared his throat, trying to avoid eye contact.

I got up, closing my jacket, "I'm sorry, I thought I'd pay my respects-"

"No. No it's okay." He shook his head, running his hands through his hair, "I spoke to Ned. He told me the whole story." Louis looked at Kate's gravestone, "Kaitlin was careless and walked into it. And I didn't mean to hurt you.. How's your head?"

"I lost lots of blood, that's for sure. I needed stitches." I chuckled, then sighed. "You could've killed me."

"I know, I wished to apologize." He grabbed my wrist, "I'm sorry."

"Whatever Louis." I looked down at the gravestone, "You know Kaitlin would've been proud of you."

"Yeah, I know. Even though I knew I was wrong the moment I did it. I'm just lucky I didn't follow through with punching you." He walked behind me, looking at the stitches in my head. He ran his finger over it, making me cringe. "I'm really sorry."