Chapter 1, Part 1: Falling Down

Art found on Pinterest.

Before you read, a little note:

 The character, you, is gender neutral (up to the reader's choice), as well as your sibling, who possesses a unisex name.

Also, each time this: ___________ appears, you are to place your name, or a name of your preference. Hence, the 'reader insert'. Originally, I was using (Y/N) and other methods, yet I refrained from doing so.

Now, hope you enjoy!

~~~~~

     You opened your eyes after having felt something break your dreaded fall. It had been a precipitous one, and you weren't expecting to survive from it. You looked around to find yourself surrounded by nothing, except for darkness and loneliness. The atmosphere was eerie, and the deafening silence added to it. One would usually, in such circumstances, expect someone or something to pounce and attack, but you didn't. You had another thing in mind: a plan. Another much more important thing to focus on: your sibling.

     You called out for them, fearing for your sibling's well being.

     "Can you hear me?!" you cried out, staying hopeful that you would receive a reply.

     In response, there was a muffled call of your name. Your sibling was out in the surface, which made you sigh in relief.

     "Stay there-- I'll find a way to get back up! Go find shelter until then!" you advised, worry leaking from your tone, as you stayed hopeful that your beloved sibling would stray away from any possible danger.

     There was a long period of silence, which was gently broken with a reluctant, muffled response on their part.

     "Now go! I'll find you as soon as I get out!" you yelled, reassuring them there was no need to seek for help.

     With those last words, you got up from the bed of golden flowers-- which had prevented you from dying, and checked for any grave injuries. Needless to say, there were many. From cuts and bruises, to a broken arm, you knew the pain was sure to take mightier presence as the hours passed by. You stretched as if to bring relief, and sighed heavily once feeling a small wave of comfort hit your bruised body.

     Now that you were in a better state, you searched around the bed of golden flowers-- with your eyes squinted, for you had lost your cherished glasses in the midst of your landing. You walked forward, seeing something softly shimmer in the darkness. It was, however, done with much effort and determination, due to the pain the fall had given you.

     The glasses were lying too on the bed of golden flowers, not very far from where you had fallen from. You could see the lenses were badly cracked at certain sides, as you took them in your hands and inspected them. After picking them up with great caution, you placed them on, thus making your eyes return back to their normal state.