Chapter 32: Fight Me, Helen

Art made by sharktunarts.

     You could feel your body slowly drift away, and how the placid dream you were having slowly crumbled apart. The quiet, peaceful feeling the illusion provided was interrupted by a noise, which got louder as seconds passed by.

"WAKE UP, NERDS!" a loud, familiar voice yelled, which caused for him to fall down to the floor, and for you to jerk up. "You're gonna miss school!"

"Wh- What happened?!" you questioned, as you looked around, and realized you couldn't see a thing.

      You then touched your face, and noticed you didn't have your glasses on. As tired as you were last night, you were certain you still had them on, and you wondered if they had fallen while you were sleeping.

"And where did my glasses go?"

"Hah-hah! You really can't see a thing, can you?" Undyne, as you could make out from the voice, stated. "Here, wear these."

     You could see how a blue blur was placed in front of you. Thinking this was her hand, you reached out for it, and could feel the familiar shape of a pair of glasses. These, however, felt much more thinner compared to yours. Once placing them on, you could confirm these weren't yours. They helped you see, yet only a short distance away. Unlike your glasses, these could only shape out things closer to you.

"Look down." Undyne told, once you were able to meet with her gaze.

     Doing as told, you looked down at your feet, and could see Sans was lying on the floor-- while wearing your glasses. He carried a big grin on his face, and once he saw you looking at him, he made guns with his fingers.

"You're lookin' fine from down here, __________." he said. "You could say, you're a 20/20 in my eyes."

"You goof! Give me back my glasses-- I can't see well with these." you protested, as you tried to fix your attire. "And who uses finger guns, nowadays?"

"People who're coolio, like me."

"Pft- This is definitely the best way I've been woken up."

"Alright, alright. Enough with this! You dorks are gonna delay us-- Go do your thing, while I start the car and the kids finish their breakfast." Undyne intervened, as she couldn't help the snort that escaped her nose. "I don't know what kind of excuse we could give the others about this, if we were late."

"Wait-- What hour is it?" you abruptly questioned, as you finally got up from the sofa.

"It's six fifty five." Undyne responded.

"Oh crap-- I gotta go get ready!"

      Seeing you squint your eyes, as you frantically tried to look for your phone around the living room, Sans walked towards you, and handed over your glasses. His dot-like, white pupils immediately shrunk as soon as he took them off, which made you realize just how bad your eyesight was.

"Here ya go." Sans spoke, finally giving you your glasses.

~~~~~

      You had finally arrived at the small get together the principal had eagerly planned. She was waiting for you-- along with Undyne, Sans, and the two human children, to arrive. Once all of you were gathered, you went to greet the students, and to tell everyone about the results of the trail. As you were midway to arriving towards them-- while holding Frankie by their hand, a familiar monster child came across you.