Chapter 42: A Walk In The Park

Art made by AJ.

~~~~~

     Today was the last day before all the monsters headed towards their meeting with the Governor. The remaining days of the week were spent without any penurious incidents, and with the play that Mettaton hosted being a great success, everyone became more determined into facing this matter. Everyone decided that, to avoid thinking about tomorrow's events, they would spend time with their loved ones today and enjoy the last day in peace.

     Both Alphys and Undyne had gone over to the nearby beach, wanting to have one last date before tomorrow arrived. Toriel was busy giving her weekend tutoring lessons, though she was able to spend them with both Frisk-- her child, and Frankie-- your sibling. Papyrus was currently paying a quick visit to Asgore's home, which was a custom the two had gotten to form ever since the monsters left the Underground.

     Only Sans and you were left in the household, both of you thinking over what you would do to spend the day. You were currently walking aimlessly around the home, yet you stopped once spotting an array of pictures hung over the living room's walls.

     Usually, you would take for granted the simplistic beauty and small details of your surroundings, and now that it felt like the end was near, you were beginning to notice these things. Now, everything caught your interest, and you weren't able to divert your eyes from the pictures. You reached out for one of them, whilst your fingertips brushed against the frame in an odd mixture of awe and admiration.

     In the picture, Toriel was seen smiling, while being accompanied by Asgore, a young goat monster and a red-eyed child-- both of which you didn't knew. They were all holding hands, and their eyes were full of life. 

     The longer you observed the picture, the more melancholy that began to build up inside your heart. It was a strange feeling, and you wondered just how much importance this framed photograph held.

     Midway through looking at the array of pictures, you became distracted by some loud, high-pitched barks and yelps. The sounds seemed to be coming from outside the home, which led for you to slowly approach the door, and take a look outside. Both your eyes and ears searched for the consistent noise, and eventually, you found what you'd been searching for.

     A small, white-furred dog was jumping about in a happy manner, and was following Sans each time he moved towards another side. The two were completely distracted with each other, hence why you decided to stay quiet, and to observe the scene before you without causing any disturbance.

     "Woof!" The dog suddenly called towards Sans, as he began to tug at his black basketball shorts with a considerate amount of force.

     Paying attention to his wishes, the short skeleton followed the dog-- who happily ran up the small stack of stairs that led to the home's entrance. He arrived right in front of you, and without hesitating, he attempted to pounce at you with his paws-- though your height made him unable to do so. 

     After noticing his friendly attempt at making you fall down had failed, the small, yet persistent dog gestured for Sans to take the leash in his hand, and once he did as told, he continuously barked at your standing figure-- It seemed as if he desired to be taken out for a walk.

     "Oh!" You spoke up, noticing how both the short skeleton and the dog stood in front of you in an odd, somewhat contemplative silence. "Is something the matter, Sans?"