Chapter 30: Strike Two

Art found on Pinterest.

(Note: A few topics such as mild sexual harassment and mental illness will be discussed ahead. Reader's discretion/caution is advised.)

~~~~~

     The Judge hit the mallet thrice, signaling for everyone to quiet down. Everyone was eagerly anticipating to hear all about the matters with your sibling, while you were left to worry. Papyrus told you he hadn't been able to get many words out of Frankie, and how the information he obtained wasn't of much use.

     You, however, couldn't help but feel a tad bit suspicious. Everyone around the humble home had been acting rather strange around you. Toriel shifted to topics about snail facts and the history of the Underground every time the matter surfaced, whereas Undyne had quickly left with Alphys, saying how they had to go watch the latest episode of 'Life Note'. Sans, well, he always managed to distract you with his puns. The only one who had told you something odd was Frisk. They said something about your aunt, yet your poor knowledge towards sign language made you unable to understand them clearly. Much to your luck, the only one who knew something that could help alleviate your worries was mute.

"Court is now in session! Settle down, at once!" the Judge ordered, becoming rather annoyed with the ruckus that everyone had formed. "This trail is to end today. If this extends one more day, I'm afraid this case will have to be left as it is, and Frank would go overseas due to such matters." she added, which, to put it bluntly, made you want to yell at everyone to keep quiet at once.

     You had gotten far to simply end this way, and you even prepared a letter stating that the laws centering around the monsters should change. That was one of the mayor things that had caused so many problems. Hence, why you were determined on both obtaining your custody, and achieving social equality for your monster family. You wanted the best for them, as they did too. Perhaps, they weren't allowed to enter the courtroom, but they were watching from afar. They were at the hall, waiting anxiously for the results of today's final judgment.

"I've already with me the evidence that was submitted by Frank. I will proceed to discuss them now, and I hope to make my decision out of it." the Judge began, while taking a look towards your sibling.

     She signaled for Frankie, who was standing next to her podium, to bring over their diary. They quickly did as told, and in a matter of seconds, the Judge had their evidence ready to be presented. She opened the diary almost in the middle, and was scanning for a particular passage.

"This diary has some crucial points regarding miss Jones's past and present attitudes, towards both __________ and the monsters." she continued, as she placed a finger over one of the paragraphs. "I'll begin with this diary entry."

     Today, the lady I saw a few weeks ago was with __________. She was good at first... But then she started acting weird... She pushed __________ down on the sofa, and said weird things to them... very weird things. I was nervous... And I wanted to help my sibling... So... I went back to my room, and yelled that I finished homework.