Chapter 40: Pride, Prejudice, and Perseverance

Art made by Qin Yung.

Small Note: The next chapter will officially mark a romantic-ish relationship with Sans. Writing Chapter 41 was one of the things that inspired me into making a separate (and short) 'X Reader' dedicated to this particular relationship.

Now without further ado, hope you enjoy!

~~~~~

     After your first practice for the play, you continued to divide your time between your job, rehearsals, and daily work. Since then, the days seemed to last decades, even with all the events taking place on them.

     Now, however, you were only one day away from achieving the semifinal step that would cause changes between both humans and monsters. It was another school day, and it was finally coming to to its end. You locked the door of your assigned classroom, and checked your surroundings to verify that no students were hiding around the premises.

     You walked towards the Principal's office, and along your walk, you were able to meet with Undyne. She send her goodbyes at you, while shouting something about how she had to pay a quick visit to Asgore's home. Not long after, you encountered with Sans, who was speaking with a teenage Snowdrake next to his classroom's door. The two were exchanging some laughs between one another, yet once he spotted you, he waved in acknowledgment.

     Once you arrived at the front of the office's door, you stood in an observant silence. You could hear everyone busily chatting with one another— the topics mostly revolving around tomorrow's expected events.

     Carefully, you pushed the door open, and greeted all your fellow co-workers with the wave of your hand. You accompanied the teachers standing in the center of the office, and joined in on their conversation.

     As you did so, the few remaining children of the school arrived, and took a seat at the empty chairs nearby, finally taking a break from their banter and play at the playground. Whereas the teen Snowdrake arrived from his earlier talk with his teacher, and took a seat on the tiled floor, right next to the younger ones of the school.

     The children continued to play with one another, while you eventually discussed future exams with the Principal, Toriel, and other fellow co-workers surrounding you. Yet, midway in your conversation, a small, white-furred bunny arrived next to you, once he overheard you talking about the grade you were currently teaching.

     He looked at you with small, beady eyes, as he waited for you to finish speaking with the others. You excused yourself from the teachers' conversations, and payed attention to the student in front of you.

     "Is everything alright, Snow?" you questioned towards your student, while offering him a smile.

     In response, his little ears twitched, and he jumped in what you assumed was excitement.

     "I. . . I just wanted to know if. . . you're going to stay as a teacher here?"

     "Hopefully, I will."

     "Th- Then. . . Are you gonna give fourth grade too?!" the bunny questioned, as he face you with bright, expectant eyes.

     "Well, I'm not too sure about that, but if the opportunity shows up. . . I'll be sure to take it!" you responded, ruffling up his small hair-do. "I've enjoyed giving you fourth grade, and I do hope to continue seeing you at this school."

     "I guess you will have to wait and see, sweetie!" Toriel added, joining in on the calm, refreshing moment. "For now, you must continue to study until you reach your goals."