Chapter 33: An Even-tful Evening

Art made by min-min-minnie on Tumblr.

     After the celebration at the school came to an end, everyone belonging to the education system continued to give their regular classwork, while the others offered their help to clean up the remains of the party. You once again reunited with your students, and were able to catch up with them quite sufficiently. The day had been busy, and nobody carried the chance to take a break, neither than to exchange some conversations.

      Luckily, however the workday soon came to an end, and you found yourself at the kitchen, along with Papyrus-- who carried enough energy to run a twenty-mile marathon. Even though he just finished with his work as a security guard for Asgore's home, he was still full of energy. In a way, he resembled Undyne greatly, for she had left the school with just as much energy-- even after a rough day of teaching the children self-defense class. Yet, you were still going to fulfill what he most desired to do. Your perseverant self was ready to give it their best to help him successfully cook his quiche.

     However, as hours continued to pass by, so did the main ingredients and opportunity to prepare a quiche. The first two tries hadn't resulted as well as you'd expected them to. Now, you were preparing the third, and what you hoped would be the final try. You hoped that both Papyrus and you came out successful with this dish.

     You searched through the cabinets, trying to find the edible sprinkles you previously mentioned to him when you were at the local supermarket. After much searching through, you started to wonder if you'd accidentally forgotten to buy them, and that you only imagined that you'd added them to the cart. You started to fumble with the scattered cooking utensils and ingredients, though you were interrupted by a voice calling your name.

"Are you looking for these, dear?" a gentle voice spoke from behind you.

     Turning your head around towards the voice, you could see it was Toriel. She carried a bag of groceries in her hands, and was handing it towards you.

"You left a bag of groceries at the back of the car." Toriel explained, as you took the bag in your hands.

     You searched through the bag of groceries, and were relieved once seeing the sprinkles at the very bottom of the bag.

"This was just what I looking for! Thank you." you spoke, as you offered her a smile.

"Do you need help? You both seem to be a bit... troubled." she offered, once seeing Papyrus blow away the smoke from the oven with his scarf.

     Noticing her odd statement, you took a glance at what Papyrus was doing, and realized just what was going on while you weren't paying attention to him. The well-intentioned, yet highly curious skeleton had turned up the heat to see how long would it take the quiche to cook-- if placed on a certain, dangerously high degree.

"Papyrus, you're not supposed to rise the temperature that high!" you advised, as you ran towards his side in a haste.

     Once in front of the oven, you got down to its height, and peeked at the small, clear window it possessed. You feared to see the results-- now that there was smoke present. The smoke, however, didn't smell too burnt, and you were hanging on to a string of hope. Slightly determined, you placed a mitten on your hand, and prepared to reveal the results.

     A large puff of smoke left the oven, as you opened it without a second thought. Inside was a quiche-- a quiche with its corners all burnt. It didn't look as bad as you expected, and now, you hoped it would result better than your expectations.