Chapter 46: Freed Souls

You stood frozen in place, with a rather violent shudder suddenly taking over your body, once various memories began to occupy your mind. With caution, you began to walk closer towards him, and took a stop when being an arm's distance away from his figure.

     "Dad?" You called out, whilst reaching a hand out for him.

     In response, he quickly backed away from you, swinging his fist at you and the two children standing next to you. He continuously launched his attacks, leading you to be hit various times, and for you to hide your companions behind your back. You asked various questions in hopes that he would snap away from his trance, yet he didn't seem to listen.

     "Didn't you catch on to what I said back at the Mayor's office?" An oddly cheerful voice questioned, leading you to search around until you found the owner of the voice.

     After a while, your eyes met with Flowey, who was standing at the top of a wall. Some of his vines were crawling over the walls, while a few were roaming around freely, as if they were ready to attack you at any given moment. You tried to push your father away from you, as you marched forward, looking to confront the little flower standing at the top.

     "This idiot was pretty easy to control, y'know?" He continued, seeing how you were planning on challenging him. "All I had to do was tell him that I knew where were you and your sibling. . . and he instantly fell for what I offered!"

     "What do you wish to accomplish with this?" You inquired, with your eyebrows furrowed, and your lips turned into a straight line.

     "Why, I wasn't able to reach my goal last time, so I figured I'd try again!" He took a pause, and focused his gaze on your father. "But, hey, let's not talk about me. . . You should spend some time with your dad. . . I'm pretty sure he'll love to have your company!"

     The vine wrapped around your father's leg pulled him towards you, as you were once more confronted into battle. As you did, however, you noticed the state of your soul. It carried only three points of health left, and you'd already run out of monster candy.

     "Here!" Frankie spoke up, now running off to your side.

     They handed you a small batch of the same kind of sweets, while Frisk joined in by giving you what appeared to be a Spider Donut. The two encouraged you on, as gave them a quick nod and thank you before continuing with your confrontation.

     After replenishing your soul's health, you faced your relative again, and attempted to use the same method you'd earlier used with Jessie. With the silver chain now in your grasp, you open the locket, and showed it to him.

     ". . ."

     *He appears to have remembered something.

     Noticing the actions you were taking, Frankie took another step forward, with a valiant stance, and decisive smile.

     "Let me handle this!" They exclaimed, with their fist clenched, and their eyes twinkling in anticipation. "You can take care of Flowey instead!"

     With a hint of reluctance, you nodded your head, and allowed for them to take charge of the battle. Afterwards, you focus your gaze back on the yellow flower, and noticed Frisk had gone over to him, with a wooden stick being their only weapon in hand.

     "You think I've changed?" Flowey inquired, directing his words at the child standing in front of him. "That was just a moment of weakness back then! I'm already back to what I was!"

     "But, are you happy with this now?" Frisk signed, with a sympathetic smile visible over their face. "Even though you can't go back to your original self. . . Why don't you give us another chance? You can visit Toriel and I sometimes. We'll be very happy to have you with us!"