Chapter 19: Seeking Justice (Part 2)

Gif by FuliKuri on drabbble.

An Important Note: From here on, this will change into a second POV narrative, and each time this blank appears: __________ it means that you are to insert your name, or one of your preference! Originally, I was going to make these changes for the previous chapter, but due to time constrictions, I had to leave it as it was. Pardon me for such a sudden change! (I'm making these changes for all the previous chapters, as well.) I wanted to change the POV a long time ago, but I felt like still I needed practice. Now, without further ado, hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you want?!" you angrily demanded, once receiving no reply.

"I came to take you back home, dear!"

"I already have a home." you coldly spat, while getting up from the office chair. "Heck, I even have a stable job now!"

"Silence, you two! Please sit down, and we'll talk this through." the Chief intervened, while signaling for one of the guards to hold back Jessie.

     Once seated and settled down, a silence had formed. You were anxiously biting on your lip, holding back the urge to cause a ruckus. Jessie was arguing with the guard that was holding her back, while Undyne was busy discussing some matters with Sans. Seeing everyone calm down, the Chief spoke up.

"Miss Jones, now that you've made such an imprudent entrance, I will ask of you to give an alibi."

"Of course! For today? Or for yesterday?" she questioned in confusion.

"For seven days ago. The day __________ was taken in an ambulance."

"Oh! Well, that day, I was completely shocked once hearing the news! I ran over to the scene as soon as possible. But, by the time I got there, no one was there." she began, while looking down at her feet. "I... I could only see this gentleman over here, and the lady over there talking about something strange." she finished, while signaling over to both Undyne and Sans.

"And what was this strange thing?" the Chief pressed on, seemingly not satisfied with her statement.

"The two were talking about how much 'trouble' it was to befriend a certain human, and that they wished they had gone back to their village."

"Would you stop it with those lies?!" Undyne snapped. "The hell. I wasn't even there by the time you acclaim. I was with Asgore and Alphys telling them about what had just happened. And Sans was driving towards the hospital. Something that you took part of causing!" she continued, while walking towards her, and making stern eye contact. "If you're gonna go lying so bluntly, at least make it believable!"