Chapter 22: Blood Red Tea (Part 1)

(The following chapter is inspired by the soundtrack: 'It's raining somewhere else...')

~~~~~

     The six of you stood still, startled by the sudden noise. Frisk and Frankie ran out of the kitchen, looking to see what was going on. Undyne was the first one to move ahead, and now stood in front of the door. She was both annoyed and frustrated with the ruckus, which led her to carelessly swing open the door. Once doing so, she planned to yell out for the police to shut up, yet once seeing who the person was, she digressed. 

     "Good morning, miss Undyne." the Chief greeted, while extending her hand towards her.

     "Morning, Justice." she greeted back, while shaking hands with her. "What're doing around here? It's quite rare for you to be out of that city."

     "That's the reason why I'm here." the Chief, Justice, explained, while later smiling in both sadness and pity. "You see. . . After that horrible storm, the main elementary school of our city got badly damaged." she began, while Undyne listened intently. "Pillars collapsed. . . Windows shattered. . . And the lightning pad burned over due to the thunderstorm." she continued, seemingly reluctant on saying the next words. "What I mean to ask is. . . Does your school accept human children? If so, are there any spaces for matriculation left?"

     "Well, sure there is!" Undyne softly exclaimed. "But aren't those city folks completely against us monsters?" she questioned, while glancing a look at the school a few blocks away. 

     "Yes, I'm quite aware of that. However, as you may know, there are always a few good, supporting people in a bunch of bad ones." Justice replied, while giving a firm nod. "The children's parents are precisely the ones who have started an equality movement. They might be small, but they're very determined into getting the job done."

     "And how many of children are there?" Undyne pressed, becoming a tad bit annoyed that the Chief had come over for such matters.

     "Well, out of a group of thirty two people. . . There are nine children in total." she replied, while taking a small pause. "I know this seems imprudent, and I deeply apologize for that. But, there are many, many children left without any proper education now. And I would like to decrease that number, even if it's a very small percentage."

     "Well. . ." Undyne huffed. "I'm completely fine with that. But for an official confirmation, you'd have to go visit the principal." she explained, while pointing with her scaly pointer finger at the school a few blocks away. "It's precisely that school over there. I'd go with you, but I really have to go back to my home to resolve some matters."

     "That's completely fine." the Chief replied, while nodding in undertandment. "And thank you very, very much for your help. It honestly helps to receive it."

     After having said those words, the two women bid their farewells. Justice went with her guards towards the school, while Undyne went back to the living room. Once there, she explained to the now group of eight that the police was a false alarm, and told them about the Chief's situation. After having finished explained, she called out for Alphys, for the two had to resolve some important matters back on their home.

     "See ya, guys!" she waved off, while standing next to the doorframe with Alphys by the hand. "Thanks for letting us stay the night!" she thanked, while Alphys nodded shyly. "And I'll be sure to tell you guys about what we decide." she added, thus leaving with Alphys towards her home.